Industrial Concept Designer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Design – Design /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Design Team is seeking an Industrial Designer to join our team. The Design Team leads Anduril’s brand identity, visual communication, concept art, and industrial design. Our team’s purpose is to connect the mission, people, and products to elevate the Anduril brand.
As a Concept Designer (Industrial Design) you will be designing and executing hardware solutions to Anduril products by partnering with engineering and fabrication teams. The ideal candidate is not only an impeccable artist, but also has outstanding knowledge of form and function. If you are passionate about developing products from sketch to production, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conceptualize, visualize, and develop Anduril products
- Concept sketching, 3D CAD modeling with details inclusive of features and functionality
- Product renderings with photorealistic textures and lighting
- Define color, material, and finish
- Partner with designers, product architects, and mechanical engineers to shape a holistic form language across hardware
- Minimum 4 years professional experience Product, Industrial Design, or equivalent
- A portfolio demonstrating ideation, modeling technique and execution, 2D/3D visualization, vehicle and aircraft design, industrial design
- Deep understanding of dimensionality, composition, scale, and form
- Excellent application of material surfacing, and understanding of mechanical function and assembly
- Experience developing ruggedized products a plus
- Knowledge of general military application and authenticity is a plus
- Expert knowledge in industry-standard 3D modeling and rendering software such as SolidWorks, Rhino, Fusion360, Maya, Keyshot, C4D or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, and business development
- A reliable self-starter, organized, efficient with attention to detail
- A team player who brings a unique sense of aesthetics and passion for bringing concepts to life
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Must work on-site at HQ
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!