Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Design – Design /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Design Team is a multidisciplinary, cross-functioning collective working on brand, concept, and industrial design.
As a Motion Designer—you will help develop and deploy the kinetic visual language of the Anduril brand. You’ll be responsible for supporting the look and feel of our identity standards across motion deliverables by rapidly iterating on ideas, addressing points of feedback, and finding compelling visual solutions. Navigating condensed timelines and ‘ad hoc’ requests will challenge your ability to multi-task and to collaborate when needed. Project types will vary across company touch points including (but not limited to): standard post-production workflows (intro/outro, lower thirds, tracked elements, etc.), infographics, abstract ideas and concepts, HUD and UI elements, technical explainers, mission operations/battle scenarios, and product capability showcases. You will create systems and templates alongside our brand designers to optimize team workflows and raise the quality of future projects. Additionally, you will be expected to explore new approaches and techniques in an effort to constantly evolve and define the Anduril motion-scape.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Execute on projects from concept to delivery (storyboards to final product)
- Regularly collaborate with designers, engineers, strategists, stakeholders
- Contribute to daily design inspiration, critiques, and discussions
- Keep up with industry standard workflows, processes, and tools
- Develop motion standards and guidelines for Anduril Brand
- Minimum 1 years professional experience in Motion Design
- Portfolio demonstrating a strong familiarity with a range of animation techniques, the ability to transform complex ideas into compelling visual narratives, and a refined stylistic point of view
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals: form, color, composition, typography
- Technical fluency in 2D + 3D software of choice (Adobe Suite + Blender for example)
- A reliable, organized, and resourceful team player
- Must work on-site at HQ (Costa Mesa, CA)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!