AI/ML Wireless Communications Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Hardware – Electrical Engineering /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Electrical Engineering Team is seeking a cross-disciplinary AI/ML Wireless Communications Engineer with a strong background in deep learning, communication systems, and signal processing. In this role, you will work on exciting ML and DSP algorithm development for next-generation communication systems, including designing hybrid architectures that mix the best of ML and DSP, building streamlined ML data engines, and deploying designs to hardware in the field. The right person for this role has a strong background in deep learning and signal processing, experience with ML pipelines, and familiarity with deploying code to embedded devices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on state of the art deep learning, DSP, and wireless communications algorithms
- Build and maintain ML data engines for communication systems
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of software and hardware engineers to develop software defined radios
- Multiple levels of experience will be considered for this position
- Strong knowledge of deep learning, signal processing, and communication systems
- Strong experience with machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX). Experience with Sionna and cuSignal is a plus.
- Experience with ML pipelines and popular deep learning architectures, including CNNs, Transformers, YOLO, etc
- Familiar with wireless communication standards (Bluetooth, 3G/4G/5G, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Excellent at balancing multiple projects at any given time
- Enthusiastic about both working with a team and executing work individually
- Familiar with embedded devices, including FPGA, Nvidia Jetson, and Software Defined Radios
- Experience with Electronic Warfare systems
- Some travel required
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!