Mechanical Engineering Manager
Quincy, MA /
Anduril - Maritime – Maritime - Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life. We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to join Anduril, working in a cutting-edge start- up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics. Candidates for this role should have experience in hardware orintegrated product development and have ideally worked within all stages of a standard product life cycle. They should be technically inclined with strong leadership skills, and able to comfortably understand core engineering design principles. The right individual needs to be excited about the prospects of working on a growing team and will be expected to provide feedback on process improvement opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work within and lead a team of mechanical engineers throughout the process of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) design, integration, build, and test efforts
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure electrical, software, and mechanical systems work together to form a reliable and capable system
- Provide leadership in defining technology, tool and process strategy across a technical domain with a focus on mechanisms, structures, and payload integration.
- Move quickly and lead technical efforts to define need, identify possible solutions, and generate methodology for evaluation and verification of mechanical systems
- Provide technical direction, coaching and mentoring to employees on the team, and others, when necessary to achieve successful short and long-term outcomes
- Foster a culture which is a positive, trusted, dedicated, high energy, teaching, learning, and fun community environment
- Lead and support delivery of innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers' changing needs
- 10+ years in hardware or integrated product development and/or test
- 3+ years leading a team of engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders to develop requirements and system specifications
- A strong background in Mechanical engineering from requirements definition to build and test
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. top secret security clearance
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!