Senior Reliability Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA
Products and Programs – Reliability /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Reliability Engineering organization is seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer to join our team. The Reliability Engineering team works with our broader Engineering team to ensure our products operate and meet all mission performance, environmental conditions, and customer requirements. We develop cutting-edge Reliability processes and methods to secure scalable, long-term business success.
As a Reliability Engineer at Anduril, you will work within the organization to support product development, define and execute processes for continuous improvement and risk buy down, and lead root cause + corrective action efforts throughout the new product development life cycle to ensure a smooth hand off to production. You will then support field performance monitoring, and track trends/lessons learned to recommend improvements to upstream teams. The right person for this role has knowledge of design, development, test, analysis, manufacturing, operations, asset tracking and maintenance, and continuous improvement. If you are someone who has hands-on experience throughout the entire new product development life cycle from concept to customer delivery, loves to build world-class Reliability processes, work with many multi disciplinary teams, and be accountable for results, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support Design & Development Engineers in requirements documentation, redundancy evaluation, and proactive design reliability liaising to ensure compliance against Anduril’s design standards.
- Support and review system block diagrams, interface control documents, and fluid and electrical schematics for compliance, redundancy, and accuracy against requirements and concept of operations.
- Draft and lead the functional hazard assessment [FHA] for your assigned product.
- Support Design & Development Engineers as a critical partner to identify risk as early as possible through tools such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Physics of Failure Methodologies, and Analysis + Test Data Reviews in R&D, then coordinate mitigation action plans to proactively lead the Design Reliability Effort for your assigned product or product area.
- Support the Design Requirements Process as a Subject Matter Expert to ensure teams adhere to our Hardware Design Best Practices, and Analysis best practices.
- Support Development Milestone Reviews such as Drawing Reviews, PDR, CDR, QDR, and support the production hand off process with Quality Engineering.
- Lead, Draft, and tailor R&D Test and Qualification Test top level campaign plans with support from the Chief Architect, Product Manager, and Design and Test Engineer(s).
- Lead and manage the Qualification & Traceability matrix alongside Requirements and FMEA documentation.
- Lead and drive root cause analysis and corrective action for issues found during R&D and Qualification testing alongside the Development, Quality and Test Engineering Teams.
- Lead FMECA (Failure Mode and Effects Criticality Analysis) evaluations and calculations, as well as updated RPN scoring post mitigation for the FMEA to support predictive analysis.
- Perform predictive reliability analysis to calculate probability of loss of control, loss of asset, and MTBF utilizing Anduril requirements, specifications, and COTS specifications alongside the FMEA and FMECA.
- Perform Weibull analysis utilizing test data from the Qualification campaign to general Reliability Performance Reports for the customer.
- Lead product End-To-End Plans from component receiving through field deployment. Liaison with Quality Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure all inspection and acceptance test gates and requirements are in place and documented into a clear process.
- Develop, Draft, and Implement Reliability Processes for the business to improve and streamline our Design, Manufacturing, and Deployment Operations efforts for rapid development.
- Host regular metrics reviews to highlight key problem areas for deployed products utilizing Anduril data. Plot aggregate data and review change trends, performance trends, and issue landscape. Support operational functional data log reviews for performance characterization to generate family data insights. Propose and coordinate corrective actions to closure to improve data performance trends. Act as the lead liaison to close all communication feedback loops between the Deployment Operations Team and the Development Engineering Teams for corrective action.
- Host regular risk and mitigation corrective action reviews to ensure progress and lessons learned are communicated with all stakeholders, and that all actions have been implemented in a timely manner to ensure risk landscape is under control.
- Minimum of 5-8 years Industry Experience as a Reliability Engineer, Design Engineer, or Test Engineer
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on Advanced Hardware Systems and Electrical Systems
- Experience with Aircraft Reliability Engineering
- Experience setting up the Reliability Engineering initial framework for a product -front end Design Reliability Experience.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with root cause analysis Methodologies, corrective action management, and risk management
- Experience or familiarity with MIL-STD-810, MIL-HDBK-217, and MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-516C, and DOD RAM Guide
- M.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Systems Engineering
- Experience with Analysis tools such as FEA, CFD, GFSSP
- Experience with Reliability modeling, predictive analysis, and Weibull analysis
- Experience with SQL, Polarion, Cameo, Relyence, Teamcenter, JIRA software suites
- Experience with risk management, change control/change management reviews, and software/firmware HITL/SITL
- Modeling/CAD Experience or Familiarity
- Test Plan Development, fixture design, test set-up, and hands on test execution experience
- HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing), HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screening), Environmental Testing, and/or Mechanical Loads Testing Experience, environmental test experience, and functional test experience.
- Aircraft, Spacecraft, or UAV Operations Experience
- Technical writing experience developing standards, specifications, user guides, and policies
- Requirements drafting experience for Software & Hardware
- Hold a Top Secret Security Clearance
$136,000 - $240,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!