Senior Software Engineer - Mission Software
Anduril - Software – Mission Software /
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the UK and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
Anduril is establishing its UK engineering presence, and as a Software Engineer in the UK, you will form an integral part. Your efforts will ensure that Anduril products seamlessly work together to achieve a variety of critical outcomes. As a mission capability evolves from crazy-idea to demo to pilot to program of record, you will advance the software solution to the appropriate level of functionality and robustness. You will report into the engineering organization so that gaps are not just duct-taped over but actually fixed at the core.
You will expand the meaning of ‘full stack developer’ as you touch back-end and front-end cloud components as well as distributed edge compute and raw sensors. Some days you will develop models and simulations to support concept development through operations analysis. Some days you will write code to add a mission-critical feature to an existing product. Some days you will deploy to the field to coordinate real-world testing of your new feature with other supporting product teams. Some days everything works beautifully. Some days nothing works and you have to figure out what’s broken.
Through every stage, you will collaborate with and are supported by a variety of US and wider International teams in engineering, operations, and business development. SREs, Customer Success, and Technical Operations work closely with you to scale deployment setup, monitoring, and support. You work closely with account managers, product managers, and product teams to prioritize limited resources across ambitious goals and timelines.
What You'll do
- Support conceptual and engineering development through modelling & simulation
- Own the software solutions that are deployed to customers
- Write code to improve products and scale the mission capability to more customers
- Collaborate across multiple teams to plan, build, and test complex functionality
- Create and analyse metrics that are leveraged for debugging and monitoring
- Triage issues, root cause failures, and coordinate next-steps
- Empathize with end-users to turn needs into features while balancing user experience with engineering constraints
- Travel is required to build, test, and deploy capabilities in the real world
- Strong engineering background from industry or studies, ideally in areas/fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- 5 years or more of relevant industry experience
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate complex systems and established code bases
- A desire to work on critical software that has a real-world impact
- Must be able to obtain and hold a UK Security Clearance
- Front end: TypeScript, React
- Back-end systems: Go
- Sensor fusion and device integration: C++, Rust
- Build tooling: Nix, CMake, Cargo
- Deployment tooling: NixOS, Kubernetes
- Note that we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply but some familiarity with the tools and languages listed above would be beneficial
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!