Offensive Security Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Internal Operations – Information Security /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We've assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
We're seeking an Offensive Security Engineer to build out Anduril's offensive security capabilities. The ideal candidate has a background in software or systems engineering and has pivoted to a product or offensive security. They will be able to conduct complex security architecture reviews, understand modern threats and exploits against both hardware and software, and are capable of working hand in hand with engineering teams to build resiliency into Anduril products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assesses security posture of Anduril built software, hardware and firmware.
- Provides expertise to the Infosec team on real-world attack vectors and works with appropriate team members to implement and test mitigations.
- Plan for, build and maintain red team and associated capabilities.
- Integrates, operates, and maintains appropriate offensive security infrastructure and tooling.
- Experience assessing the security posture of everything from web applications to hardware and embedded systems
- Experience penetration testing and leading red teams
- Experience with assessment of cloud based and containerized environments (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with the MITRE ATT&CK and the tactics and techniques it represents.
- Strong and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Excels at the above listed requirements
- Experience building custom tooling to assist in offensive security activities
- Familiarity with security architectures of UAV (consumer or otherwise), aerospace, and physical systems
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!