Atlanta, GA /
Area-I – Area-I Finance /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Controller will report to the CFO and will manage the Accounting, Tax, and Treasury functions at Area-I, an Anduril company. This will be a key management position and will involve tactical and strategic interaction with all parts of the Company, including the executive staff. Responsibilities will include management of the overall accounting function to build scalable systems, processes, and policies that deliver operational benefit to the business, and, also, high integrity in financial compliance.
- Oversee accounting (e.g. payables, receivables, payroll), tax preparation, financial statement compilation and reporting, and month end close processes.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions and financial systems to ensure compliance with GAAP and FAR.
- Develop and improve internal controls, accounting policies, and chart of account infrastructure to efficiently support business scale and activities.
- Manage the specific accounting and tax needs of a government contractor in both the commercial and governmental sector.
- Produce accurate, timely financial statements including monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the treasury functions including banking operations, investments, and lease facilities.
- Manage and coordinate all external audits.
- Forecast and manage cash flows and collections.
- Build close working relationship with the various G&A functions of HR, IT, Legal/Contracts, Business Operations, and Facilities.
- Manage and grow a highly competent and scalable team.
- Oversee the continued implementation of the Company’s new ERP system
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- 5 + years of Accounting/Controller experience.
- Experience in high growth and manufacturing environments.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a high performing team, and, also, deliver high output as an individual contributor.
- Ability to communicate/influence at the executive and senior manager levels across all functions in the Company.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Previous ERP system experience is preferred (Deltek/SAP/Oracle).
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
$140,000 - $210,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!