Chief of Staff - Engineering
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Hardware – Electrical Engineering /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
ABOUT THE JOB
Anduril is defining the future of defense and we’re looking for a Chief of Staff to support the Engineering team. The ideal candidate brings high horsepower with operating experience and strong Interpersonal skills. The ability to build trust quickly in a fast-paced environment and execute with high dependability is critical to success in this role.
STRATEGIC ORGANIZATIONAL EXECUTION & ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT
- Work with each of the teams on functional capability roadmaps, based on collated product roadmaps and big swings
- Metric development and tracking for teams (KPIs)
- Track and ensure completion/follow-through on critical projects
- Standup of new functions/offices/secure spaces/project areas
ENGINEERING ORG MAINTENANCE
- Shape agenda, support compiling critical data/content, gather feedback for hardware org level meetings (All hands, off-sites, etc.)
- Develop and maintain department onboarding content
- Run Staff Meetings (and take do-outs)
- Help coordinate the process for hardware projects
- Help develop and roll out comms on org changes, major hardware development, etc.
ENGINEERING RESOURCE PLANNING
- Develop and execute process to gather resource data across products and functional engineering orgs for annual planning process
- Resourcing + staffing - interface to recruiting; standing up new projects within system; working on headcount accuracy
- Track burn and lead on rolling out cost controls as appropriate
- Ensure templates/processes capture critical content and analyze data that is gathered to ensure it aligns with broader hardware team strategy.
- Collaborate with Product and Hardware Product Management teams on various projects
- Serve as coordinating POC for M&A evaluation
- Working with Hardware engineering leadership to roll-out various engineering processes, including engaging systems partners, helping develop training content, gathering data on traction/ progress, etc.
- Partner with Hardware HRBP to shape and distribute comms for the hardware org and gather analytics on comms to ensure traction, progress, etc.
- Operational experience as an Engineer, Project Manager, or Program Manager required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or similar technical field) or equivalent practical experience required
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- Management consulting expertise preferred
- Experience working at a US government contractor, subcontractor, or within the government preferred
- Previous success as a Chief of Staff supporting an Engineering organization preferred
- MBA or similar graduate degree preferred
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!