Sensor Integration Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Anduril develops advanced technology for sensor fusion and autonomous awareness across multiple sensing modalities. With a focus on redundant and highly accurate capabilities, a Sensor Integration Engineer at Anduril would drive development of hardware and software in fixed and mobile sensor systems, UAVs, and other autonomous platforms.
The role would include: driving the design and execution of sensing subsystems which includes selection of sensors, discussing cross-functional requirements with electrical, mechanical, software, manufacturing and customers and defining sensor interfaces and integration plans. A strong candidate would be able to lead out initial sensor bring-up, evaluate sensor performance at the subsystem or module level, carry out full system tests, and even analyze sensor performance from field data.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience processing sensor measurements from Radar, Lidar, Optical, or RF sensors
- Experience interfacing with networked sensor modules via Ethernet/CAN/Serial and using interface specifications or protocols to collect and analyze data
- Experience with sensor characterization and analysis
- Experience with developing sensor integration plans to test performance, measure capabilities, or validate hardware and software against requirements
- Systems integration competence to be able to evaluate the impact of integrating sensors to the electrical, mechanical, software systems
- Comfortable analyzing data as well as developing analytical tools
- Proficient in data visualization and statistical analysis
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis
- Foundations in one or more of the following areas and are interested in learning more: Derivation of performance metrics and analysis of system performance, EW systems interfacing, strong electrical and embedded systems fundamentals or autonomous systems
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex subsystems involving network microprocessors and software-controlled electro-mechanical devices
- Proficiency in production-grade C++ software development
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.