Piston Engine Lead
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Hardware – Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in the life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense!
We are looking for a Propulsion Engineer to join the team. They will be responsible for design development and system integration of piston engines into various airborne applications. This person will be responsible for interpreting test data, troubleshooting issues, and coordinating cross-functionally with the vehicle teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist in research and development regarding design of aircraft engines, engine components, advanced combustion and fuel injection systems.
- Troubleshoot systems as the come online, and enter service.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to integrate the engine product into the vehicle systems.
- Collect, organize, and post-process test data to generate test reports with conclusions with recommendations for further work.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities, including process improvement, efficiency improvement and development of data analysis techniques
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of fundamentals of internal combustion engines.
- Experience with troubleshooting, root cause analysis and maintenance engineering of fielded systems.
- Exposure to testing of engines, or powertrain components.
- Practical experience with diagnostics monitoring, failure detection and data analysis.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Knowledge and experience working with Engine Management Systems (EMS), OEM or motorsport.
- Understanding of engine dynamometer operation including testing practices, instrumentation, and calculations
- Practical or professional experience with internal combustion engines.
As an employee at a growing startup you will be given broad leeway to solve problems with the resources needed to win!
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!