Aperture Development Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA
Hardware – Electrical Engineering /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, test and integrate antennas and apertures for air vehicles, ground systems and support equipment
- Create, maintain and communicate product development schedules with sufficient detail to ensure that all assigned personnel are aware of their tasks and deadlines.
- Verify RF, antenna and aperture system test coverage on flight or flight-representative hardware at the system-level and validate product performance.
- Full cycle design and integration of antennas, apertures and RF systems, including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, supervision or completion of design and prototype fabrication, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system.
- Developing system interconnect diagrams and defining cables and wire harnesses that connect electronic equipment within the vehicle
- Successful fabrication assembly and BOM management of hardware with PCB, cable, connector, and component vendors.
- Support other functional engineering team’s development effort with an understanding of antenna design, system impacts and trades regarding antenna design and placement
- Represent the antenna sub-system in vehicle-level cross-disciplinary trade-off studies that define and optimize the design and placement on antennas on a variety of platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience designing, testing and troubleshooting complex board designs.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of antenna and RF design
- Experience with Anechoic chambers, antenna test ranges, and RF measurements
- Knowledge of integration and implementation concerns of antennas (e.g. cosite issues) and mitigations, solutions
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Proficient with simulation and design software (Altium, Ansys, HFSS, etc)
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Knowledgeable in Python and C/C++
- Understanding of hardware evaluation methodologies, including development of test cases/suites, performance monitoring, test automation, and data analysis.
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics and antenna/aperture vendors and component suppliers from past experience in UAV programs.
- Experience in the electrical integration of avionics modules and payloads into UAV systems.
- Experience with flight architecture and design for high reliability, resiliency, redundancy and/or fault tolerance, along with the ability to work collaboratively with other teams to define product requirements, develop specifications and conduct system level test
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Understanding and familiarity with DO-254, DO-178C, DO-160, DO-311A
- Understanding and familiarity with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461
$136,000 - $204,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!