Senior Radar Engineer
Irvine, CA /
- Ability to translate system needs into radar solutions.
- Strong background in hardware integration, radar signal processing with the ability to architect ground and airborne target detection and tracking systems.
- Experience with the modeling / simulation of sensor physics and fundamental phenomena, along with an understanding of the algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration.
- Ability to lead trade studies, perform requirements analysis and develop hardware architectures to meet system requirements.
- Proficiency with phased array and MIMO technologies for radar systems, with expertise in AESA/PESA system architectures.
- Familiarity with the evaluation of advanced radar and electronic warfare (EW) technologies, with an emphasis on airborne surveillance radars performing moving target indication (MTI), synthetic aperture radar (SAR), inverse synthetic aperture radar (ISAR), high range resolution (HRR) target imaging
- Nice to have: Understanding of antenna theory and familiarity with the design and development of RF subsystems for Radar, EW, communications.
- Nice to have: Proficiency with typical commercial RF system modelling tools, such as Keysight ADS, Keysight Genesys and SystemVue, National Instruments Visual System Simulator, Mathworks Matlab Phased Array System and RF Toolboxes, Mathworks Simulink, AGI STK.
- Nice to have: Understanding of digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
- Experience working with software and firmware teams to develop efficient implementations
- Understand the complexities of scaling a technically sophisticated product including: demonstrated knowledge of technology development processes, ability to direct allocation of resources and staff, balancing technical requirements against schedule and risk, and procedural and safety compliance
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership, program direction and mentorship to junior engineers, helping foster a systems engineering culture within the organization
- At least a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or other technical field (advanced degree preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in radar design, signal processing, probability and statistics, and algorithm development
- Experience with radar verification and validation, including test design and results documentation
- Proficiency in MATLAB, C/C++, Python
- Must be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within one year of start date (active clearance is preferred)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.