Aerodynamics Engineer - Active Clearance
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Hardware – Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in the life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Aerodynamic design of unmanned air vehicles / missiles at conceptual, preliminary, and detail design maturities
- Aerodynamic analysis of unmanned air vehicles, using both low and high order methods, including analysis tool development and improvement as needed
- Stability and control analysis
- Aircraft performance modeling and simulation
- Aerodynamic loads generation
- Wind tunnel test planning, execution, and analysis
- Flight test planning, execution, and analysis
- BS or MS degree in Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ work experience as an individual contributing engineer
- Experience with aircraft sizing and configuration trade studies, including aerodynamic design, shaping, and multidisciplinary design optimization (MDO)
- Competent in a variety of aerodynamic analysis techniques including hand calculations, vortex lattice methods, panel methods, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Experience with aircraft performance analysis and predictions
- Test experience including data acquisition, data analysis and project coordination
- Strong programming skills and code development experience
- Experience preparing formal documentation (i.e. specifications, test procedures, technical reports, etc)
- Must possess and be able to maintain an active U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
- StarCCM+ experience
- Experience with transonic and supersonic flow regimes
- Active U.S. Secret security clearance
As an employee at a growing startup you will be given broad leeway to solve problems with the resources needed to win!
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!