Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Quincy, MA /
Anduril - Maritime – Maritime - Software /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Maritime Robotics team at Anduril develops software solutions for subsea and surface robotic systems. The team is responsible for taking products like Dive-LD from paper sketches to operational systems. We support the Mission Software team by developing system-level solutions that will have the greatest impact on the most customers. We work in close coordination with specialist teams like Perception, Autonomy, and Manufacturing to solve some of the hardest problems facing our customers. We are looking for software engineers and roboticists excited about creating a powerful robotics stack.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Generate system solutions to increase velocity and efficiency of active program development as well as supporting fielded assets
- Write and maintain core libraries (frame transformations, targeting and guidance, etc.) that all robotics platforms at Anduril will use
- Own major feature development and rollout of large features for our products
- Work on maritime challenges with Robotics Software Engineers in the aerial and ground domains to build common robotics solutions
- Work closely with our hardware and manufacturing teams during product development, providing quick feedback that contributes to the final hardware design
- BS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Proven understanding of data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Strong C++ experience in a Linux development environment
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience working with and testing electrical and mechanical systems
- An ability to obtain a security clearance (Secret, Top Secret, TS with SCI, or equivalent)
- MS or PhD
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Python, Rust, and/or Go experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: motion planning, perception, localization, mapping, controls, and related system performance metrics
- Multi-agent coordination of UAVs
- Complex frame transformation problems, such as target localization or multi degree of freedom robotic arms
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!