C++ Software Engineer - Real Time Processing
Lexington, MA /
Anduril - Imaging – Imaging - Software /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Imaging team develops state-of-the-art imaging systems, deployed to tackle the most significant security challenges of America and its allies. We are seeking a C++ Software Engineer to develop the architecture and maintain the codebase for our novel, airborne infrared sensor systems. You will be responsible for maintaining a deep understanding of our unique sensors, as well as designing, testing and deploying code to ensure robust and reliable real-time processing on board airborne platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement image processing algorithms for real-time operations on SWAP-limited compute hardware
- Create / modify custom CUDA kernels
- Develop and maintain a well structured processing pipeline architecture for use across programs
- Utilize toolsets to aid in debugging and performance analysis
- Jump into and understand a large codebase
- Realize potential speedups and simplifications
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team on challenging problems in a fast-paced environment
- Travel expected approximately 10% of the time for testing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills and an ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Team-player, self-motivated, driven, organized
- Strong background in software development
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience with software revision control
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level DoD security clearance
- Top tier Platinum coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life - covering 100% of you and your dependents’ premiums
- Flexible paid time off vacation policy and an annual bonus for any week-long trip you take
- Free food options, including lunch and dinner, coffee and beverage options, snacks, and more!
- Transit and parking benefits
- 16 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Family planning support - fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included
- An annual stipend to use for continuing education courses, programs, conferences, or certification tests
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!