Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Hardware – Mechanical Engineering /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a Propulsion Engineer to join the team. They will be responsible for design development and release of test equipment, instrumentation and air breathing propulsion systems. They will support dyno commissioning, instrumentation and first-run activities. Developing and qualifying propulsion systems, and supporting flight testing as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist in research and development regarding design of aircraft engines, engine components, advanced combustion and fuel injection systems.
- Specify, design, fabricate, install, and test prototype components and control systems.
- Specify, design, and install instrumentation on test assets for data acquisition.
- Collect, organize, and post-process test data to generate test reports with conclusions with recommendations for further work.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities, including process improvement, efficiency improvement and development of data analysis techniques
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of fundamentals of internal combustion engines.
- Exposure to testing of engines, or powertrain components.
- Practical experience with diagnostics monitoring, failure detection and data analysis.
- Mechatronics experience; sensor selection, design and assembly of actuators, setup of data acquisition systems, assemble wire harnesses and debug/troubleshoot systems.
- Experience designing mechanical parts (CAD). Understanding of manufacturing methods (machining, sheet metal, composites, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.)
- Experience procuring parts and working in a machine shop. Working knowledge of machine safety and shop safety protocols.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Knowledge and experience working with Engine Management Systems (EMS), OEM or motorsport.
- Understanding of engine dynamometer operation including testing practices, instrumentation, and calculations
- Practical or professional experience with internal combustion engines.
$88,000 - $168,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!