Sensor Modeling Lead
Washington, DC or Costa Mesa, CA or Boston, MA /
Anduril - Products and Programs – Program Management /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
ABOUT THE JOB
Anduril’s Mission Systems Integration (MSI) team is seeking a Sensor Modeling Lead to join our team. The MSI team is responsible for developing end-to-end “mission-ized” autonomous systems capable of delivering exceptional warfighter outcomes to our customers across a broad range of domains and concepts of operation.
As Sensor Modeling Lead, you will will be responsible for developing and delivering rigorous analysis and models of the myriad sensing systems under consideration for employment on integrated platforms. You will work closely with MSI collaborators and subject matter experts to ensure our understanding of mission system capabilities and performance rests on a solid foundation starting from basic physics to coarse grained effects-based approaches. The right person for this role will have experience in computational model selection, development and validation at varied levels of fidelity. Your work products will be utilized by the team to drive sensor selection and ultimately mission level outcomes. If you are someone who enjoys building and delivering compelling next-generation autonomous capabilities through rigorous modeling and exploration of system trades followed by actual vehicle integration then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop sensor models and associated analysis to deliver successful mission outcomes working closely with the broader MSI team
- Adapt or derive physics-based models of sensor system performance working closely with subject matter experts
- Develop and inform effects based models utilized in mission level simulations
- Routinely validate models against real world data
- Work closely with MSI teams to successfully integrate & deliver high performance systems to our customers
- Communicate results in multiple forms internally and externally
- 3+ years in relevant Science and/or Engineering related field
- Model development and validation in one or more domain relevant to remote sensing
- 2+ years experience developing and employing computational tools (home-grown code to commercial packages). More the better.
- Must hold and maintain U.S. Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of current and next-generation advanced sensing systems and platforms
- Platform level system trade and integration experience
- Advanced proficiency in a analytical toolchains or languages (e.g., MATLAB, Python, C++, COMSOL, Ansys)
- Advanced sensing domain experience (e.g., EOIR, ESM, EA, EW, LIDAR)
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!