Senior Image Processing Engineer
Lexington, MA /
Anduril - Imaging – Imaging - Software /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built, and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Imaging team develops state-of-the-art imaging systems, deployed to tackle the most significant security challenges of America and its allies. We are seeking a Senior Image Processing Engineer to develop algorithms which will push the out boundary of performance of novel, airborne infrared imaging systems in all environments. You will be responsible for maintaining a deep understanding our unique airborne sensors, and designing, testing and deploying image processing algorithms which help utilize these sensors to their greatest ability.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop cutting-edge image processing techniques for signal improvement, detection, and tracking on high bit-depth, large format, airborne infrared sensors
- Work with mission operations, hardware, software teams to understand and evaluate current system performance
- Develop and maintain physics-based “digital twins“ of our airborne sensor systems
- Establish engineering completion criteria and evaluation metrics for system performance, building tools for unit and integration tests
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team on challenging problems in a fast-paced environment
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Focus on image processing, computer vision, or machine learning
- Strong analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills and an ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Team-player, self-motivated, driven, organized
- Strong background in software development
- Experience with software revision control
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on interdisciplinary teams
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top security clearance
- M.S. Or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with infrared sensor systems
- Top tier Platinum coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life - covering 100% of you and your dependents’ premiums
- Flexible paid time off vacation policy and an annual bonus for any week-long trip you take
- Free food options, including lunch and dinner, coffee and beverage options, snacks, and more!
- Transit and parking benefits
- 16 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Family planning support - fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included
- An annual stipend to use for continuing education courses, programs, conferences, or certification tests
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!