Mission Systems Engineering Lead
Washington, DC or Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Products and Programs – Program Management /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a real-time, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Mission Systems Integration (MSI) team is seeking a Mission Systems Engineering Lead to join our team. The MSI team is responsible for developing end-to-end “mission-ized” autonomous systems at Anduril capable of delivering exceptional warfighter outcomes to our customers across a broad range of domains and concepts of operation.
As Mission Systems Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for delivering mission outcomes within Anduril programs through the judicious selection, sourcing and validation of mission relevant payloads and systems. The right person for this role will have experience in payload conceptual development, selection, validation and integration. You will begin with mission-level outcomes and drive to solutions through appropriate modeling, domain expertise and vendor engagement. If you are someone who enjoys building and delivering compelling next-generation autonomous capabilities through rigorous modeling and exploration of system trades followed by actual vehicle integration, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conduct sensing system trades to deliver successful mission outcomes working closely with the broader MSI team
- Architect autonomous multi-spectral sensing and system solution concepts, requirements, layout, interfaces & employment
- Adapt or derive physics-based models of sensor system performance working closely with subject matter experts
- Adapt or develop validated effects-based models for use in mission-level modeling & simulation tools
- Validate system performance in close cooperation with test & integration engineers
- Work closely with MSI teams to successfully integrate & deliver high performance systems to our customers
- Communicate results in multiple forms internally and externally
- Must hold and maintain an active Top Security Clearance
- Sensor/effector domain expertise in one or more of Radar, EOIR, RF and EW systems
- Physics-based modeling and analysis of system performance in tool(s) of your choice
- 3+ years in payload integration or validation. More the better.
- 5+ years in relevant Science and/or engineering related field
- Knowledge of current and next-generation advanced sensing systems and platforms
- Platform level system trade and integration experience
- Advanced proficiency in a analytical toolchains or languages (e.g., MATLAB, Python, C++, COMSOL, Ansys)
- Advanced sensing domain experience (e.g., EOIR, ESM, EA, EW, LIDAR)
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!