Senior Airborne Systems Engineer
Lexington, MA /
Anduril - Imaging – Imaging - Electro Optical /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in the life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense!
Anduril’s Airborne Systems Team is seeking a Senior Airborne Systems Engineer. The Airborne Systems team is responsible for developing, testing, and deploying cutting-edge airborne infrared imaging sensors and products.
As a Senior Airborne Systems Engineer you will leverage your subject matter expertise in the DoD’s flight operations, missions, and tactics to guide the development of novel flight-qualified IR sensors. Responsibilities will span from CONOP identification & modeling to managing flight tests & demonstrations. The right person for this role has a deep understanding of airborne DoD operations, tactics, and requirements, a demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with both internal & external stakeholders and engineering teams, and experience planning flight tests representative of real missions. If you are someone who excels in a fast-paced role and has a passion for making sure the “right” system is developed, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Analyze and model airborne sensor CONOPS
- Define high-level system requirements and architecture trades, taking a mission first approach
- Organize realistic flight test scenarios that are representative of real targets & missions
- Oversee system integration and flight test demonstrations
- Brief key decision makers on the technical capabilities of new products
- Leverage your operational perspective and experience to assist with business development activities
- Coordinate and communicate with both government and internal stakeholders
- Support critical hardware & software demonstrations with customers as needed
- Travel to test sites as needed
- Expert knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) airborne operations and requirements
- Experience with immersive, interdisciplinary technical programs
- Experience managing flight test/demonstrations of prototypes
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- BS and 7+ years of experience in military and/or civilian roles
- Must possess and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Direct experience with airborne optical sensors
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex flight tests/demonstrations to budgetary/schedule constraints
- MS and 10+ years of experience
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!