Lead Software Engineer - Networking
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Software – Software Product /
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in networking, artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and its allies. We are extraordinary problem solvers, teammates, get-stuff-done-ers, and people who care deeply about our work. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril is developing a fleet of autonomous robots to tackle the most significant security challenges faced by America and its allies. The networking software team develops infrastructure that allows these robots to communicate with each other over a globally connected mesh network. Projects that the networking team work on include implementing protocols to optimize routing between assets, designing L2/L3 overlays on top of heterogeneous physical networks, and implementing messaging interfaces to support mission-critical inter-robot communication.
Our software must function in highly dynamic and adversarial environments where nodes have varying states of link quality, frequently changing network topologies and are under constant threat of interference ranging from electronic warfare to physical destruction. In addition, our assets are deployed to austere combat zones which do not have the well-developed network infrastructure which most network solutions rely on. The networking team’s challenge is to provide networking infrastructure in these challenging environments that still meets our high standards of reliability, speed, and security.
Members of this team are responsible for the full lifecycle of software development projects from architectural design, implementation, packaging, automated testing, field testing, debug tooling, deployment support, and ongoing maintenance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of engineers to envision Anduril's next generation of mesh network capabilities
- Design, implement and deploy L2 and L3 mesh networks
- Craft and implement networking and routing protocols
- Design and implement L7 messaging semantics and interfaces
- Measure and improve system performance
- Create testing, diagnostic, and simulation tools
- Review and improve product security
- Work on all layers of the stack, from debugging low level kernel bugs to implementing application layer protocols
- Experience leading a software team
- Minimum 10 years of software engineering experience
- Interest in a broad variety of computer networking topics
- Excellent algorithmic problem solving abilities
- Willingness to own software across its entire lifecycle from design to deployment
- Experience or interest in any of: computer networking, routing protocols, IPsec/MACsec, systems performance, Linux, Rust, Go, C++
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!