Concept (Visualization) Designer
Costa Mesa, CA /
Anduril - Design – Design /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
SUMMARY/ABOUT THE JOB
Anduril’s Design Team is seeking a visualization designer to join our team. The Design Team leads Anduril’s brand identity, visual communication, film, concept art, and industrial design. Our team’s purpose is connecting the mission, people, and products to elevate the Anduril brand.
As a Concept (Visualization) Designer, you will be executing visual concepts by leveraging 3D modeling and engaging visuals to illustrate missions and complex narratives. The ideal candidate is not only an impeccable artist, but also has outstanding knowledge of form and function. If you are passionate about bringing narratives to life and pushing visualization techniques, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Mission scenes and diagrams
- Product renderings with photorealistic textures and lighting
- Concept art of in-situation environments
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in 3D visualization or entertainment design
- A portfolio demonstrating modeling technique and execution, 2D/3D visualization of vehicles and environments
- Good understanding of dimensionality, composition, scale, and form
- Strong ability to execute visual concepts and iterate from abstract technical descriptions
- Excellent application of material surfacing, and understanding of mechanical function and assembly
- In-depth knowledge in industry-standard 3D software such as Blendr, Solidworks, Maya, 3DS, Keyshot-Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, and business development
- A reliable self-starter, organized, efficient with attention to detail
- A team player who brings a unique sense of aesthetics and passion for bringing concepts to life
- Knowledge of general military application and authenticity is a plus
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
$88,000 - $132,000 a year
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!