Software Engineer - Mission Simulation
Seattle, WA /
Anduril - Software – Software Product /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril builds cutting edge complex systems that operate in the harshest conditions. We aim to create a M&S capability to support all stages of our product lifecycle, from development all the way to deployment, training and sustainment. We are growing our Modeling & Simulation (M&S) team to help establish a world class Model Based Development (MBD) engineering process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on challenging problems in a fast-paced environment across our portfolio of programs and products.
- Develop a Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A) framework to support mission-level concept exploration, tactics development, autonomous behaviors, and Software-in-the-Loop (SitL) product development.
- Develop simulation models for sensors, comms, movement, tactical behaviors, weapon effects, electronic effects, command and control, and others
- Partner with capability teams like Mission Autonomy to deliver simulation capabilities to help accelerate development.
- Work with multi-disciplinary subject matter experts to understand and adequately model pertinent sub-system, system and system of system dynamics
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a Software Engineer in C++
- Experience with high performance and multi-threaded programming
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to learn outside of core discipline
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Software Development experience in a Science and/or Engineering related field; relevant academic experience (BSc., MSc. Phd) qualifies
- Advanced proficiency with C++
- Experience with developing sub-system and system level models (Air vehicle, ground vehicles, ground based sensors and other types of complex systems)
- Experience working with/developing multi-system mission level simulations (Air space simulation, swarm simulations, Game development, etc.)
- Experience in the gaming or military simulation fields delivering configurable scenario-based environments for war-gaming (e.g., AFSIM, NGTS, etc.)
- Startup experience
$132,000 - $198,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!