People Operations Lead
New York City, NY
AngelList – People & Talent /
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the role:
AngelList is hiring a People Operations Lead, reporting into the Head of People. As People Operations Lead, you will be the owner in developing and scaling our People infrastructure. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about payroll, compliance, and has experience managing people tools and systems. You’d ideally be deeply opinionated about people data, process, and how to create an outstanding employee experience for a distributed, global workforce.
Your responsibilities will include:
Owning data & systems
- Own and evolve our people tech stack including payroll, HRIS, engagement, and performance management systems to ensure integrated systems that scale efficiently as our company continues to scale
- Govern HR data, and conduct regular auditing of HR data to ensure data accuracy and integrity. Harness our people data in creative ways to enable our people managers to hone in on what’s important.
Delivering an outstanding employee experience
- Own the processes that support the employee lifecycle for our global employee base: onboarding, offboarding, employee movement, and role changes.
- Own & run payroll processes for the company - including contractors and international employees.
- Direct and execute on benefits strategy & administration, including our yearly open enrollment process.
- Evaluate new vendors and partners as necessary.
Being an expert
- Act as a resource to the broader team by responding to general HR inquiries as it relates to pay and benefits.
- Build out self-service resources for our global team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for federal, state and local compliance matters within the US and internationally as we hire remotely.
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices and HR/Employment laws, with the ability to move seamlessly from strategy development to execution
- Experience with designing and facilitating perks, benefits, compensation, equity management, compliance, and systems.
- Superb communication skills - written and verbal.
- Based in, or willing to relocate to, New York City or San Francisco.
- (nice to have) Experience using the tools we use: ADP Workforce Now, Lattice, CultureAmp, ChartHop
- (nice to have) Competence in interpreting internal compensation framework and external market survey data, in addition to identifying emerging trends
The base salary for this role starts at $185,000 plus a generous equity package. Compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, relevance and depth of experience, certifications, and specific office location. Compensation bands are based on 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage.
This role is based out of our San Francisco or New York City office and be willing to work out of our offices 2+ days per week.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. We’re focused on hiring within these hubs and people within 1 hour travel distance of the hub offices are expected to come into the office twice per week. From time to time, we will make rare exceptions for new hires if they need to be fully remote. For this role, the ideal candidate will be based out of, or willing to relocate to either New York City or San Francisco.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.