Belltower Funds | Fund Formations Senior Associate
Belltower Funds – Operations /
About AngelList & Belltower Funds:
We exist to accelerate innovation by increasing the number of successful startups in the world. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy by building the financial infrastructure that makes it possible for more people to invest in world changing startups, and build tools for startups that help them run their operations so they can focus on building.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced operator to help drive venture funds and compliance operations for the world’s largest portfolio of early-stage investments. This is a hybrid legal, compliance, project management, and process improvement role.
This role forms a foundational part of Belltower (AngelList’s fund operations team) and reports to the Fund Formations Manager. The team builds, manages, and executes the fund management systems and software that allow AngelList to host the world's largest portfolio of early-stage investments at scale.
Your role includes:
- Driving the execution of fund management operations including fund formation, securities filings, signatures collection, and treasury operations.
- Supporting the development of new fund structures and offerings while coordinating with teams including finance, tax etc.
- Maintain clear and analytically rigorous knowledge management documentation for all fund operation workflows.
- Continuously improve fund operations systems through supporting software development and analytic refinements to operational workflows.
- Delivering an incredible experience to investors and fund managers.
- Legal, consulting, or operations background & minimum of 2+ years experience focusing on funds or startup company representation.
- 3+ years of experience in a venture-transactions, focused operations, legal, or finance role (nice to have).
- Understanding of entity formation and VC legal structures.
- Excellent business sense and the ability to communicate legal and compliance subject matter clearly to non-experts.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to think in a systems-based way. We oversee a portfolio of investments in the thousands. It can only be managed systematically.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty. Continual improvement means filling gaps and being hands-on in making sure all fund operations functions are executed at the highest level.
- Great attitude and the ability to embrace regular change as we continually improve products and processes.
- Demonstrated performance excellence: we’re looking for the best of the best!
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Belltower Funds is a remote-first entity. This position is fully remote for anyone in the United States.
AngelList has offices in three hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City that you have the option to work from.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
Learn more about what AngelList has accomplished by checking out some recent things we’ve published over the last six months: AngelList Year in Review 2022 (https://www.angellist.com/2022) and AngelList Confidential 2022 (https://angell.ist/ALC2022).
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.