Senior UX Designer
New York, New York
At Animoto we believe that everyone should have the power to create professional-quality videos. To get there, we depend on a team of brilliant and passionate designers who care as much about each other as they do about creating value for our users.
If you’re passionate about shipping elegant and thoughtful designs while balancing business objectives and designing for real users (our product is used by millions of people!), we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Tackle our most undefined problem spaces to define actionable design hypotheses
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Engineering to lead design sprints with a full-stack product team to define and implement an elegant, engaging product experience
- Team up with a UX Researcher to unpack complex user issues and build our understanding of customers
- Bring human-centered design thinking and an iterative learning-driven approach to all solutioning
- Create journey maps, flows, and other documents to guide strategy
- Collaborate with an Interaction Designer to create wires, prototypes, and other UX artifacts as needed to effectively communicate design ideas
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders and guide the collection, synthesis and integration of feedback
- Establish and promote design principles, guidelines, best practices, and standards
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of UX design experience working in an agile workflow with product managers and engineers
- Proactive, collaborative and articulate individuals with proven ability to work across teams
- A design geek who is passionate about the practice and evolution of UX design and lean UX practices
- A strong portfolio with case studies demonstrating creative problem-solving and empathy for the customer
- User-centered, process/validation driven problem-solvers, with an eye for interaction and visual design
- Understanding of how to utilize qualitative and quantitative findings in the design process
- Expert skills with the tools of the trade
Why Join Animoto?
- The opportunity to work with really smart, talented and interesting people (our design team rocks!)
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Weekly catered lunch, bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, fully stocked kitchen, fun environment, and 5 ways to make coffee at our amazing NoHo office
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- Competitive compensation and amazing benefits such as 100% medical/dental/vision, equity, 401k, upgraded Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
We actively seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education and ways of thinking. We aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better marketing and business decisions. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.