New York, New York
As Product Manager, you will play a critical role in helping us to take on the huge opportunity that is in front of us, to solve the growing need for everyone to be able to create powerful, professional video in a world that’s increasingly video-first.
Collaborating with product and engineering leaders throughout the company, you’ll define and drive the development of web, mobile, and tablet product offerings. The potential for impact is broad and extends to our valued partners outside the company.
Why this role matters:
- Animoto is at the forefront of a huge emerging market need. We’re a small company without many other PMs or hierarchy, so the ability to make an impact is huge, in fact, it’s expected!
What You'll Learn:
- Our PM team is dedicated to our craft and works together to continually improve. Some of the areas we focus on include:
- Talking to customers effectively
- Lean based on validated learning
- Iteratively improve process in a small startup environment
- Thoughtfully applying tools and tactics (i.e. story mapping, design sprints, etc.)
- Strategic thinking
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience working on a fast-paced early stage product, and will learn about video technology, end-user focused web apps.
What You'll Do:
- Know our customer, thoroughly
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Prioritize and manage a backlog of initiatives, regularly making tough calls on where to spend our precious time
- Assess opportunities based on customer research, data, and strategy
- Regularly present to company stakeholders on the roadmap, progress, and learnings
- Work regularly with the Head of Product to establish priorities and help drive team strategy
- Define, collect, and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
What We're Looking For:
- You’re a natural leader. People listen to you. You’re able to synthesize many viewpoints and make hard decisions
- You have the technical chops to interact intelligently with high-performance engineering teams. You can speak nerd, and also non-nerd
- You have a robust understanding of web design and tech paradigms, and of course internet fundamentals in general
- You know how to use data to drive decisions. You think about metrics and data collection before projects even start
- You’re scrappy. You get your hands dirty. You know how to start with small hypotheses and validate them as early as possible with real customers before moving forward
- You listen well, read well, write well, communicate well, and present well.
- Bonus points!
- You have shipped an entire web or mobile product, from ideation to launch
Why Join Animoto?
- The opportunity to work with really smart, talented and interesting people (our Product Team is one of the best around!)
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Weekly catered lunch, bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, fully stocked kitchen, fun environment, and 5 ways to make coffee at our amazing NoHo office
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- Competitive compensation and amazing benefits such as 100% medical/dental/vision, equity, 401k, upgraded Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
We actively seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education and ways of thinking. We aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better marketing and business decisions. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.