New York, New York
We are looking for a Data Engineer with a focus on analytics and data warehousing to own data at Animoto. Our goal is to transition from a batch-based “pull” data pipeline to a flexible and scalable event-based model. You will set the direction and be the “reality expert” for Animoto, helping leadership across functions translate their products and questions into actionable metrics, analysis, reports, and recommendations.
Animoto is 100% cloud-based using S3 and Redshift as our primary data lake. Our data platform handles the transport and transformation of over 6 billion transactional records, and over 200 billion events from a wide variety of data sources. Unlocking the insights in this data will be key to winning the future of video marketing.
Why Animoto Wants You:
- You are highly analytical, ask the right questions, and have been complimented on your ability to delivery meaningful and impact driven insights using big data.
- You are customer focused and eager to work with stakeholders to deliver value.
- You have a data vision: you understand how website technologies work today and where they are going in the future.
- You are smart, quick, and creative: an engineer who will dig into the system and find various ways to improve it.
The Day to Day:
- Set the direction and be the primary executor with the goal of making Animoto’s data easily consumable, highly actionable, and available to the widest number of internal users
- Architect, design, and develop Animoto.com’s data infrastructure to support the wide variety of application and analytical needs
- Design and implement dimensional data models and systems that scale
- Partner with product, engineering, and data analysts to explore structured and unstructured data to leverage business insights
What We’re Looking for:
- Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience in languages like Ruby or Python
- Strong experience with SQL
- Experience with Splunk or other Elasticsearch tools
- Familiarity with ETL and BI concepts
- Comfortable with AWS (Redshift, Athena, etc)
- Comfortable working in application code when needed
- Familiarity with Looker
Why You'll Want to Work at Animoto:
- Be a part of a thriving engineering team that includes opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization including, product, design, and marketing.
- Learn and grow within a role that is important to you- we encourage exploration and the chance to work on interesting projects that challenge you professionally.
- You resonate with our company’s mission and value teamwork.
- We have an inclusive and quirky culture here! Ask us about our values: Humbletude, Betterfication, and Oomphosity.
- Great benefits. We offer competitive salary, bonus, equity, 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents, and paid time off to name a few.
At Animoto, we help our customers communicate who they are, what they do, and what they love through video. Our users are connected by the desire to use video to share what matters most to them, but come from all walks of life and are passionate about all sorts of different things. We’re proud to help them share these passions.
Similarly, we embrace the differences of our team members and actively seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. We strive to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. By doing so, we’re building an inclusive culture where we can continue innovating for our customers. We too are united in the belief that our voices are even more powerful when using video to communicate, and we aim to have a workplace that reflects the variety of our users. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.