Director of TechOps
New York, New York
At Animoto, we believe that everyone should have the power to create professional-quality videos whether to share their memories or market their business. To achieve this vision we bring together smart, passionate people who care as much about each other as they do about our product.
We are looking for a hands-on Director of TechOps to grow and mentor a team of talented engineers in a dynamic and collaborative environment. As a technical leader, you love solving problems and the idea of building and optimizing a reliable cloud infrastructure for millions of users excites you. In addition, you will partner with teams across the organization to establish technical strategies and ensure we continue to maintain our 99.99% uptime.
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit and develop motivated engineers that fit well within the organization and help raise the overall Animoto engineering bar
- Collaborate with fellow engineering managers and stakeholders across the organization to design, test, and iterate on key areas of the product
- Ensure good engineering practices are being followed on your team, such as Agile workflow and writing tests
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt, perform cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt, and communicate suggested priorities to the management team
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all systems in your sphere of influence by taking part in delivery of bug fixes or small improvements
- Triage incoming requests for the team and help set priorities
What We're Looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a manager for TechOps, Infrastructure or other similar areas
- Strong track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
- You have experience working with large-scale cloud infrastructures
- You have reviewed applications, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure components, and driving reliability
- Deep hands-on experience with the design, development and deployment of business software at scale and current hands-on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, PCI etc.)
- Experience with technologies such as AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
Why Work for Animoto:
- Work with smart, talented, and interesting people (our Engineering Team is one of the best around!)
- Work with a diverse team spanning product, marketing, design, and customer success
- Weekly catered lunch, bi-weekly product demos, social Fridays, fully stocked kitchen, fun environment and 5 ways to make coffee at our amazing Noho office
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- Competitive compensation and amazing benefits such as 100% medical/dental/vision, equity, 401k, Apple products, upgraded Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
At Animoto, we help our customers communicate who they are, what they do, and what they love through video. Our users are connected by the desire to use video to share what matters most to them, but come from all walks of life and are passionate about all sorts of different things. We’re proud to help them share these passions.
Similarly, we embrace the differences of our team members and actively seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. We strive to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. By doing so, we’re building an inclusive culture where we can continue innovating for our customers. We too are united in the belief that our voices are even more powerful when using video to communicate, and we aim to have a workplace that reflects the variety of our users. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.