Senior Legal Counsel - Privacy & Data
London, United Kingdom /
As part of Legal, you'll be part of trusted advisors and strategic leaders of the business.
Why join us?
💜 Do work that matters. We’re pioneering AI software that will help diagnose medical images and raise the standard of healthcare for millions of people every day.
🌏 Well-funded and global. annalise.ai has a global presence across APAC, EU and US regions. We’re backed by I-MED radiology and harrison.ai (raised Australia’s largest Series B of $129m in 2021).
🌟 Work with a bunch of awesome, genuine people who are passionate about what they do.
💻 Flexible and remote-friendly working
🚀 Make an impact. You won’t be another ‘cog in the wheel’ here. We give full trust and autonomy for you to be heard, to work on big & complex projects – and to make a real difference.
🌱 Grow your career with us. We’re big believers in lifelong learning. You’ll be given a $1000 personal L&D budget, access to LinkedIn Learning, plus opportunities for internal mobility and leadership training to fast-track your career.
🙌 Generous parental support including 16 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave and $10,000 support for egg or sperm freezing.
🌈 Do your best work and have fun doing it with unlimited well-being leave, monthly meditations, inclusive team events, and lots more!
About your role
As a Senior Legal Counsel in Data Security & Privacy, you'll be a trusted advisor to the business on all privacy and data-related matters. You will be responsible for assessing annalise.ai's compliance with data protection and privacy laws in various jurisdictions, developing innovative solutions to complex legal challenges and helping the business navigate the data and privacy landscape as we continue to "scale up" and expand globally.
What you'll do:
- Support and counsel the legal team and internal stakeholders on a broad range of data and privacy matters, including the requirements of the GDPR, UK Data Privacy Act, and other data privacy laws;
- Continuously review annalise.ai's template contracts, processes and policies to ensure they comply with data privacy laws and help guide best practices;
- Counsel and advise on strategic initiatives for processing data in various jurisdictions;
- Draft, negotiate and advise on data and privacy aspects of agreements and projects with customers, distributors and other third parties; and
- Be the first point of contact for investigating data breaches, performing data audits, and responding to customer queries about data or privacy.
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience in data protection laws in UK & Europe;
- Expertise in the requirements of the GDPR, UK Data Privacy Act, and other data privacy laws;
- Experience working on cross-jurisdictional data-related projects;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders worldwide.
Nice to have:
- Privacy related certification
- Experience with HIPAA
What we’re about
We're problem solvers, redefining what’s possible in medical imaging through AI Technology. Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for millions of patients every day.
Yes, we’re a technology company and yes, we’re leveraging the latest AI technologies, but people are at the heart of everything we do.
annalise.ai was formed in early 2020 through a unique partnership between harrison.ai and Australia's largest medical imaging service provider, I-MED Radiology Network. Since then, we’ve scaled rapidly to over 200 employees worldwide and we’re focused on creating AI solutions that help radiologists diagnose medical images.
Our first product, the world's most comprehensive AI clinical decision-support solution for chest x-rays, is already in use by 1 in 4 radiologists in Australia and rolling out to hundreds more. This solution is capable of detecting 124 findings and was recently featured in peer-reviewed publication, Lancet Digital Health journal.
And we’re just getting started.
Help us shape the future of AI in medical imaging. And most importantly, help us make a real difference in people’s lives.
If you’re inspired by what we're up to, please apply now and we'll be in touch soon.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity’s not a buzzword here, it’s in our DNA. Diverse perspectives shape our culture and make our work better. That’s why we’re committed to building inclusive teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills. If you need any reasonable adjustments, accessibility assistance or would like to note which pronouns you use at any stage of our hiring process, just contact us at accommodations: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.