Backend Software Engineer - Python or Nodejs + REST API
As part of the Engineering team, you'll be a solution integrator who helps build effective technology environments for our stakeholders.
Why join us?
💜 Do work that matters. We’re pioneering AI software that will help diagnose medical images and raise the standard of healthcare for millions of people every day.
🌏 Well-funded and global. annalise.ai has a global presence across APAC, EU and US regions. We’re backed by I-MED radiology and harrison.ai (raised Australia’s largest Series B of $129m in 2021).
🌟 Work with a bunch of awesome, genuine people who are passionate about what they do.
💻 Flexible and remote-friendly working
🚀 Make an impact. You won’t be another ‘cog in the wheel’ here. We give full trust and autonomy for you to be heard, to work on the big hairy projects – and to make a real difference.
🌱 Grow your career with us. We’re big believers in lifelong learning. You’ll be given a $1000 personal L&D budget, access to LinkedIn Learning, plus opportunities for internal mobility and leadership training to fast-track your career.
🙌 Generous parental support including 16 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave and $10,000 support for egg or sperm freezing.
🌈 Do your best work and have fun doing it with unlimited wellbeing leave, monthly meditations, inclusive team events, and lots more!
About Your Role
As a Software Engineer at annalise.ai you will be passionate about working on breakthrough software medical devices that positively impact patients' lives at scale. Your day-to-day will involve helping us to develop cutting-edge solutions with strong design principles. You will be given the opportunity to work on exciting greenfield projects using a variety of technologies as we continue developing new products from the ground up. Our Software Engineers work in cross-functional development teams collaborating with AI Researchers, Clinicians, Product Managers, UI/UX, QA/RA, Test and more.
What you'll do:
- Collaborating closely with the other developers, product owners, and testers in your team to deliver excellent software products in an agile environment
- Develop and test products to a high standard to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Support testers through the development of supporting infrastructure to enable automated testing
- Drive feature development, from technical design to launch
- Identify obstacles and potential for delivery, business and process improvements and work through them
- Build and run containerised applications using Docker
What we're looking for:
- Experience in Software Engineering and Development of complex products
- Experience developing backend applications using Python or Node.js
- Experience building RESTful APIs using Falcon, Express or similar frameworks
- Experienced with standard Agile software practices such as CI/CD pipelines, Git flow and unit-testing
- Collaborative team player with good communication skills
- Comfortable working in greenfield projects with higher levels of ambiguity
Nice to have:
- Experience with Postgres and writing SQL or Typescript;
- Experience building and running containerised applications using Docker;
- Experience in developing software for medical devices
What we’re about
We're problem solvers, redefining what’s possible in medical imaging through AI Technology. Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for millions of patients every day.
Yes, we’re a technology company and yes, we’re leveraging the latest AI technologies, but people are at the heart of everything we do.
annalise.ai was formed in early 2020 through a unique partnership between harrison.ai and Australia's largest medical imaging service provider, I-MED Radiology Network. Since then, we’ve scaled rapidly to over 200 employees worldwide and we’re focused on creating AI solutions that help radiologists diagnose medical images.
Our first product, the world's most comprehensive AI clinical decision-support solution for chest x-rays, is already in use by 1 in 4 radiologists in Australia and rolling out to hundreds more. This solution is capable of detecting 124 findings and was recently featured in peer-reviewed publication, Lancet Digital Health journal.
And we’re just getting started.
Help us shape the future of AI in medical imaging. And most importantly, help us make a real difference in people’s lives.
If you’re inspired by what we're up to, please apply now and we'll be in touch soon.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity’s not a buzzword here, it’s in our DNA. Diverse perspectives shape our culture and make our work better. That’s why we’re committed to building inclusive teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills. If you need any reasonable adjustments, accessibility assistance or would like to note which pronouns you use at any stage of our hiring process, just contact us at accommodations: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.