At Anne Lewis Strategies, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for presidential campaigns; huge races for the U.S. Senate and House and gubernatorial campaigns; and nonprofit organizations working around the world, including the International Rescue Committee, Sandy Hook Promise, Amnesty International, and Mercy Corps.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member is a chance to broaden our perspective and think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a talented, ambitious self-starter with excellent editing and research skills to join our quality assurance team. We're open to the work structure that brings the best person(s) to our team, whether that’s full-time, short term or remote. As a Digital Editor, you’ll act as a critical fail-safe to ensure some of the biggest names in Democratic politics and world-changing nonprofits always put their best foot forward. This is the perfect job for anyone who feels passionately about progressive activism and believes the AP Stylebook is essential to survival. If that’s you, read on.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Proofing fundraising and advocacy emails daily for accuracy, syntax, punctuation, grammatical and spelling errors, and typos;
- Fact checking, fact checking, fact checking;
- Ensuring emails are in line with both internal style and account-specific style, all while retaining a compelling, authentic voice; and
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and timelines on projects.
- Experience using a style guide (AP or otherwise);
- Discipline to read carefully, think critically, and strive for perfection;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment; and
- Passion for making our world a better place.
- Ability to parse policy is a plus.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!