Social Media Writer & Strategist
At Anne Lewis Strategies, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for presidential campaigns; huge races for the U.S. Senate and House and gubernatorial campaigns; and nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, Amnesty International, and Mercy Corps.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member is a chance to broaden our perspective and think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Our social media writer & strategist supports a world-changing nonprofit by driving Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram conversations between K-12 educators. As a member of our team, you’ll collaborate with our account and content strategists to transform teachers’ likes, shares, and comments into insights that can make a difference in classrooms. You’ll be the voice of the organization across social channels, using social listening tools and good judgment to spot trends, surface opportunities, and inform ways our program can respond to educators’ needs and support more equitable outcomes for students.
Experience in education and social media community management is a plus. An eagerness to learn and make a difference is essential!
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Writing compelling social media copy to engage with teachers across social platforms;
- Identifying real-time opportunities to build relationships with educators over social media;
- Working with our team to carry out multiple tasks and support multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Generating insights using results and social analytics tools to optimize content and strategy;
- Contributing to collaborative brainstorms and planning sessions; and
- Analyzing performance to determine future messaging.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write error-free, high-volume social media copy in the account-specific style;
- Strong organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail;
- Understanding of the social media universe;
- Comfort receiving feedback and addressing both written and live edits;
- Enthusiasm for learning social media technology and staying on the cutting edge of social media strategy and innovation; and
- Passion for equity in education and a desire to support the work K-12 educators do in their classrooms.
- Experience related to K-12 education; and
- Experience with social media writing, community management and social media analytics tools.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!