Trade Support Engineer
We are looking for a trade support engineer to support our production trading. He or she would help triage production and automated trading strategy monitoring and deployment tasks related to exchanges, markets, and connectivity as we trade around-the-clock in US, European, and Asian markets. This job will include a significant amount of on-your-feet thinking, working with automated monitoring and reporting systems, and potential interaction with markets and exchanges.
The candidate should have experience in a production environment, have familiarity with financial markets and exchanges, and be comfortable supporting researchers and developers interfacing with various automated strategy deployment and risk verification systems. An ideal candidate will have worked with automated reporting and monitoring tools, but would be capable of handling a variety of tasks, from calling exchanges in the case of a technology malfunction to diagnosing automated reports during operational anomalies.
The candidate will need to be reliable, fast on his or her feet, and capable of rapidly diagnosing, triaging, and escalating problems live with the Linux-based trading system quickly and with minimal guidance. The job by nature can be very bursty and requires attention to detail over an extended period of time.
Compensation consists of highly competitive base salary, discretionary performance bonus, and possible participation in longer-term incentive schemes.
- Linux cluster sysadmin experience
TECHNICAL DETAILS ABOUT US
- Linux shop running modern kernels
- C++11/14 codebase, Python layer on top
- Technical expertise throughout (everyone programs)
- Cloud-scalable research infrastructure
- Experience administering Linux clusters and Window domain controllers
- Experience with production trading
- Competitive salary
- Catered meals and bountiful snacks
- Generous budget for home office equipment
- Health / Dental / Vision / 401K
- Massage benefits
- Complimentary rides home for late nights