New York /
We are looking for a research engineer to research, test, and deploy new trading strategies, as well as to design and build research infrastructure to test trading ideas.
Candidates focusing on strategy development should be strong quantitative problem solvers interested in identifying and monetizing statistical patterns in the financial markets and also adept at implementing their ideas in Python. We are looking for someone who is both intellectually curious and also self-sufficient to help maintain and develop various trading strategies.
Candidates with software implementation skills and comfort in implementing both performant code and designing user-friendly tools will also be strongly considered. We are looking for someone who is effective at building usable software quickly and correctly to extend the scope of our quantitative research and coverage of our trading strategies.
Compensation consists of base salary, discretionary performance bonus, and possible participation in longer-term incentive schemes.
- Writing Python code to express statistical ideas and relationships between securities
- Coming up with and iterating upon novel ideas and hypotheses about market participants and dynamics
- Collaborating with teammates on new trading ideas
- Extending existing research tools to support novel use cases and needs, as well as designing and implementing new tools to support research and trading needs
- Bachelor’s in computer science, mathematics, physics, or similar field, with strong familiarity with statistics and quantitative problem-solving
- Self-sufficient ability to implement statistical ideas in code
- Strong familiarity with Python and C++ (or equivalent) preferred
- Interest in financial markets or learning more about financial markets
- Previous experience in quantitative finance or trading is a plus, but is not required
- Catered meals and bountiful snacks
- Generous budget for home office equipment
- Health / Dental / Vision / 401k
- Fitness and wellness benefits