DevOps / System Engineer
Delivery - Channel – DevOps - Channel /
In a world where it’s never been harder for brands to capture and keep customers, experience is everything. An independent, global marketing agency, Ansira believes designing relevant, persuasive experiences for all the right moments is the only way to strengthen relationships, cultivate brand loyalists, and assure profitable growth. That’s why Ansira arms brands and their sales partners with solutions to make those experiences possible: strategy, performance marketing, loyalty marketing, martech consulting and integration, channel partner marketing, and local marketing activation. For more information, visit Ansira.com or LinkedIn.
This is a DevOps/System Engineering position working with about 100 web applications and their supporting services spanning several software engineering teams. This position will have a focus of maintenance and operations of external facing web applications on an on-premise infrastructure. These web applications will be migrated to Azure at a future time, with responsibilities shifting in that direction. The successful candidate will have solid hands-on experience in implementing and operating DevOps and infrastructure for multiple production applications. This position requires strong technical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and good communications skills. This individual will interface with both engineering and infrastructure teams and must be able to quickly form productive and positive working relationships with this staff. The successful candidate must be a team player and enjoy working with other teams on challenging projects.
What you will do:
- Maintenance of self-hosted web applications (~100) in an on-premise infrastructure in Windows Servers.
- Manage IIS configuration, DNS with AWS Route 53, and SSL Certificates for sites in the on-premise infrastructure.
- Manage F5 BIG-IP web application firewall configuration for on-premise applications.
- Automate and manage builds and deployments of all operating environments, including production, staging, testing and development on-premise environments using TeamCity.
- Write various one-off PowerShell scripts, as needed.
- Interface and work with engineering, infrastructure, and architecture teams in defining requirements for application specific DevOps processes.
- Application health monitoring and assist with troubleshooting when application issues are detected.
- Troubleshooting production issues.
- Assist with migration of application and DevOps processes in Azure cloud environment as sites are moved.
- Root cause analysis of application downtime.
- Support DevOps needs for automated testing.
- Responsibilities will shift over time from on-premise to Azure as applications are moved.
- Understand the interdependencies of various systems within and across applications.
- Participate in Change Management processes.
- Work under the direction of the Hosting Manager.
- Must have experience working in a DevOps shop (Build, Test, Release, Deploy, Operate & Monitor).
- Must have experience working with tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker and/or Terraform.
- Must have experience delivering PaaS services in public cloud.
- Strong knowledge of Windows/IIS based systems.
- Practical experience using PowerShell for automation.
- Solid understanding of Git based version control systems.
- Practical experience of continuous integration and continuous build processes.
- Practical experience designing, building, maintaining, migrating, tuning, administering, supporting, and problem solving in complex application and server environments, working collaboratively with application, network and system teams to resolve problems.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Must have excellent written and oral communications, including technical and process documentation.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to implement effective DevOps solutions.
- Experience working in Jira and Bitbucket in an agile process methodology.
- Experience with .Net, Cold Fusion, and Java software runtime environments.
- Experience with domain registration and DNS record management.
- Knowledgeable with HTTP protocol and with basic IP networking.
- Experience with SSL Certificate management.
- Knowledge of F5 Big-IP configuration.
- Experience with TeamCity.
We are a culture of passionate, collaborative and respectful people. We are curious about finding the most strategic solutions, while being fearless in our pursuit of pushing the limits.