PowerShell Programmer / DevOps Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
In a world where it’s never been harder for brands to capture and keep customers, experience is everything. An independent, global marketing agency, Ansira believes designing relevant, persuasive experiences for all the right moments is the only way to strengthen relationships, cultivate brand loyalists, and assure profitable growth. That’s why Ansira arms brands and their sales partners with solutions to make those experiences possible: strategy, performance marketing, loyalty marketing, martech consulting and integration, channel partner marketing, and local marketing activation. For more information, visit Ansira.com or LinkedIn.
This is a DevOps Engineering position working with about 100 web applications and their supporting services spanning several software engineering teams. This position will have a focus of automation of tasks through PowerShell scripting. The successful candidate will have solid hands-on experience in implementing and operating DevOps for multiple production applications. This position requires strong technical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and good communications skills. This individual will interface with both engineering and infrastructure teams and must be able to quickly form productive and positive working relationships with this staff. The successful candidate must be a team player and enjoy working with other teams on challenging projects.
What you will do:
- Maintenance of self-hosted application’s on-premise infrastructure and creation of build and deployment automation for those applications.
- Write high quality PowerShell commands to be part of the shared DevOps PowerShell modules for routine, repeated tasks.
- Maintain existing PowerShell PSake based scripts used for builds and deployment through TeamCity.
- Write various one-off PowerShell scripts, as needed.
- Devops processes as applications are migrated into Azure cloud environments.
- Interface and work with engineering, infrastructure, and architecture teams in defining requirements for application specific DevOps processes.
- Automate and manage continuous integration builds.
- Automate and manage deployment of all operating environments, including production, staging, testing and development environments.
- Application health monitoring and assist with troubleshooting when application issues are detected.
- Run regular vulnerability software scans, remediation, if possible, otherwise, creating tickets for engineering and infrastructure teams to remediate.
- Assist engineering teams in engaging with their DevOps processes.
- Root cause analysis of application downtime.
- Support DevOps needs for automated testing.
- Understand the interdependencies of various systems within and across applications.
- Participate in Change Management processes.
- Work under the direction of the Hosting Manager.
- Strong knowledge of Windows/IIS based systems.
- Strong fluency and knowledge of PowerShell. Experience in creating module commands in PowerShell modules implementing features like comment help, exception handling, transcription, various output streams, pipelining, whatif, module versioning, PSake, and Pester unit testing. Knows and applies good software engineering practices.
- Solid understanding of Git based version control systems.
- Practical experience of continuous integration, continuous build, test automation.
- Practical experience designing, building, maintaining, migrating, tuning, administering, supporting, and problem solving in complex application and server environments, working collaboratively with application, network and system teams to resolve problems.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Must have excellent written and oral communications, including technical and process documentation.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to implement effective DevOps solutions.
- Experience with .Net, Cold Fusion, and Java software runtime environments
- Experience with SQL Server operations
- Knowledge of F5 Big-IP configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Linux/Tomcat/Apache based systems, and experience troubleshooting applications running on that platform.
- Experience with TeamCity
- Experience with Azure devops
- Experience with SSL certificate management
- Experience with nodejs automation tooling such as gulp
- Experience working in Jira and Bitbucket in an agile process methodology
- Experience with MS Azure Application Insights
We are a culture of passionate, collaborative and respectful people. We are curious about finding the most strategic solutions, while being fearless in our pursuit of pushing the limits.