Engineering – Engineering /
In a world where it’s never been harder for brands to capture and keep customers, experience is everything. An independent, global marketing agency, Ansira believes designing relevant, persuasive experiences for all the right moments is the only way to strengthen relationships, cultivate brand loyalists, and assure profitable growth. That’s why Ansira arms brands and their sales partners with solutions to make those experiences possible: strategy, performance marketing, loyalty marketing, martech consulting and integration, channel partner marketing, and local marketing activation. For more information, visit Ansira.com or LinkedIn.
This is an Azure Engineer position working to move about 100 web applications and their supporting services spanning several software engineering teams to the Microsoft Azure platform, then successfully operating these applications. The successful candidate will have solid hands-on experience in creating secure, reliable, scalable, and maintainable environments for multiple production applications. This position requires strong technical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and good communications skills. This individual will interface with engineering teams and must be able to quickly form productive and positive working relationships with this staff. The successful candidate must be a team player and enjoy working with other teams on challenging projects.
What you will do:
- Move about 100 web applications and their supporting components into Microsoft Azure
- Interface and work with engineering teams in defining requirements for application specific needs and processes
- Work with DevOps engineers on software deployment automation supporting agile engineering teams
- Implement strong Azure governance in a manner supportive of our hosting goals
- Establish environments to achieve application SLAs. Set up disaster recovery
- Optimize cost
- Security health monitoring
- Application health monitoring
- Assist with troubleshooting when application issues are detected. Diagnose complex system issues with multiple influencing factors. Assist in root cause analysis of application downtime
- Understand the interdependencies of various components within and across applications.
- Collaborate with software architects on Azure infrastructure designs
- Take an infrastructure-as-code approach using ARM templates and blueprints through source control
- Participate in Change Management processes
- Maintain PCI compliance for infrastructure within the PCI scope and assist in evidence gathering for PCI audits
- Work under the direction of the Hosting Manager
- Strong, prior, hands-on, related, experience with designing and building out Azure environments for production web applications that implement best practices for security, manageability, maintainability, reliability, and scalability. Particularly, experience with Azure networking, firewalls and application gateway components, bastion, policies, RBAC, cost control, security, regulatory compliance, virtual machines, storage, key vault, monitor, log analytics, backup, restore, high availability strategies, pipelines, ARM templates, and Blueprints.
- Strong, prior, hands-on, related, experience with application migration into Azure.
- Strong knowledge of N-tiered Windows/IIS/SQL Server stack-based systems.
- Good fluency in Azure automation with PowerShell.
- Experience with assisting engineering teams in incorporation of Azure components into legacy code.
- Practical experience of continuous integration, continuous build, test automation.
- Practical experience working collaboratively with application, network and system teams to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of PCI compliance requirements
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Must have excellent written and oral communications, including technical and process documentation.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to implement effective Azure-based solutions.
- Experience with .Net, Cold Fusion, and Java software runtime environments
- Experience with SQL Server operations
We are a culture of passionate, collaborative and respectful people. We are curious about finding the most strategic solutions, while being fearless in our pursuit of pushing the limits.