Director Experience Design
Dallas, TX /
Experience Design – Experience Design /
In a world where it’s never been harder for brands to capture and keep customers, experience is everything. An independent, global marketing agency, Ansira believes designing relevant, persuasive experiences for all the right moments is the only way to strengthen relationships, cultivate brand loyalists, and assure profitable growth. That’s why Ansira arms brands and their sales partners with solutions to make those experiences possible: strategy, performance marketing, loyalty marketing, martech consulting and integration, channel partner marketing, and local marketing activation. For more information, visit Ansira.com or LinkedIn.
Ansira Digital is dedicated to integrating design thinking and the practice of Experience Design across all of our client solutions by prioritizing human-centric and experience-focused methodologies in our solution design process. To further scale this approach, we are currently seeking a hands on experience design practitioner and leader.
As Director of Experience Design, you will be a senior leader who will manage and grow a cross-functional team, support further enhancements and evolution of Ansira’s experience design capabilities to further support client successes in solving specific problems and challenges.
As a practitioner, you will provide crucial leadership and solutions to enhance overall experience strategy and long-term business goals across a wide range of clients. This role will require proven expertise and knowledge across all elements of a successful experience design system and how they must come together in the digital experience and beyond by leveraging skills across a suite of modern design tools.
A self-starter, able to manage client engagements and relationships which facilitate a design-thinking methodology and approach across solutions. Deep expertise across a wide range of experience design capabilities from the creation of user journeys to the development of high-fidelity prototypes across mobile applications, websites, web applications, A/B testing, and enterprise platforms. Participate with business development efforts and act as a key contributor across RFP responses for Experience design solutions.
What you will do:
- Lead and develop a team to further enhance abilities to clearly define the problem, articulate use cases, upshift the design system and user flows
- Ensure effective and consistent processes are in place to define KPI’s and measurement strategy to continually improve the user experience across solutions
- Lead UX strategy and design specification as a dedicated part of an integrated delivery team
- Collaborate across Centers of Excellence to ensure consistency across all experience touchpoints
- Champion a design thinking approach resulting in great experiences, based on customer insights, business strategy, and UX best practices
- Work across design teams to leverage, and build Design Systems
Required Background/ Experience :
- 7+ years relevant work experience as a UX or product designer
- Solid foundation in UX design principles and best practices, and a passion for creating meaningful digital experiences
- Proven competence in agile, Lean UX, and Design Thinking methodologies
- Experience leading a team to build and maintain a Design System
- Experience designing elegant data visualizations and information dashboards
- Deep expertise in modern design spec and prototyping tools and workflows (Adobe CC, Sketch, XD, Invision, Balsamiq, Axure, or similar)
- Skillful presentation of ideas, both visually and verbally, to internal stakeholders, clients, and intended audiences
- Good understanding of information architecture and user-centered design methodology
- Experience with user research techniques and tools such as contextual inquiry, user interviews, and product usability testing (Google Analytics, New Relic, Hotjar, etc)
- Experience incorporating insights from user research into the design process
- Experience design-thinking tools (Mural or Miro) preferred
- Basic understanding of JS, HTML and CSS
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment with a team of diverse backgrounds and expertise
- Deep experience and knowledge in the creation of: wireframes, interaction flows, interactive prototypes, and design specification documentation
- Experience on the end-to-end design of software/web services including defining design goals, user research and workflows
- Expertise to elevate the approach across: mockups, storyboards, wireframes, user-flows, high-fidelity solutions
- Analytical ability to analyze user interface problems and lead your team in creating solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Experience in the creation of personas, empathy maps, experience maps based on both functional and emotional customer needs
- Vision and methodology to lead enhanced development of end-to-end user journeys to clearly identify areas of opportunity to iterate and refine the overall customer experience.
- Perform usability testing and identify friction points in user-journeys and provide resolution options through A/B testing
- Ability to effectively document and hand-off design files to developers and engineers
- Deep expertise and knowledge across UX research methodologies including user testing, interviews, persona creation.
We are a culture of passionate, collaborative and respectful people. We are curious about finding the most strategic solutions, while being fearless in our pursuit of pushing the limits.