Team Lead – Bankcard
The Team Lead – Bankcard is responsible for all aspects of service delivery by the India team in support of the company’s Bankcard processes. This role will be the day-to-day leaderof the India Bankcard processing team, and must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal “customers / business partners” with the onshore Finance team, as well as other internal partners. The incumbent will be responsible for the effective management of the Bankcard team in India, including acting as an escalation point to resolve and correct any issues / concerns raised by the onshore Finance teams.
The position will provide management and oversight over the Sales Audit processing activities performed by India including chargeback processing & analytics, and card processing administration
Primary Role responsibilities include
- Oversee team responsible for bankcard processing in a timely and efficient manner and in full compliance with policies and procedures
- Achieve daily processing targets
- Ensure adherence to Sales Audit / Bankcard policies, internal controls and audit requirements, and service standards at all times
- Analyze and research all discrepancies/exceptions in the process
- Highlight issues with card processing and suggest improvement ideas for process blockages
- Effectively plan, prioritize and execute everyday floor operations
- Consistently monitor key performance parameters of the process and identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of work as well as the means of working on processes
- Interact with Internal / External auditors as required
- Collaborate with the onshore team to manage processing backlogs and expedite as required to resolve issues impacting backcard processing
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on chargebacks and related costs
- Oversee the activities of the team to respond to store inquiries (chargebacks, disputes), including resolving any escalated issues
- Oversee the activities of the team to respond to customer inquiries (chargebacks, disputes), including resolving any escalated issues
- Ensure completion of accurate and complete accounting activity for the bankcards at Banners to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded within the General Ledger and in accordance with policies and internal controls
- Protect the assets of the company by ensuring that all policies/procedures/regulations pertaining to the administration and processing of bankcards are followed by associates
- Provide reporting and insight on chargebacks / card fraud to Finance management. To deliver insight on card fraud / chargebacks and other matters related to credit cards (both in house and third party) and to work to develop solutions to manage our card use more effectively.
People Management Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment effort in building a high performing team.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to enable the GIC to succeed as well as build the employer brand in the community.
- Trains, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports.
- Sets clear objectives for team members based on capacity and specialization.
- Identifies, grooms, rewards and develops high performing team members as future leaders.
- Resolves escalated conflicts and grievances as necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain talent.
- Adhere to all HR policies and programs for India Associates
- Strong financial aptitude with Min 6 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry
- Min 3 years supervisory / people management experience
- Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred) and back card processing systems including TD, Amex, Chase, Paypal etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent process improvement methodology required (Black belt preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology
- Demonstrated success in Leading and managing teams and directing multi-functional business units
- Strong working experience in Card processing including involvement with the following: chargeback processing & analytics, card processing administration
- Prior experience in all Accounts Payable functions, including Vendor Maintenance, Invoice Processing, Exception handling, Payments & reporting activities
- Proficiency in banking principles and Cards related business, revenue generation areas, etc.
- Educational Credentials
- B. Com (Mandatory) or MBA Finance (preferred)
- Chartered Accountant
The Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world, based on its successful formula of driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, unlocking the value of real estate holdings and growing through acquisitions. Founded in 1670, it is the oldest company in North America. Its portfolio today includes ten banners, in formats ranging from luxury to better department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 460 stores and 66,000 employees around the world.
The company is in process of setting up a GIC in Bangalore to focus on Technology, IT Infrastructure & Global Finance competencies. The GIC will be involved in cutting edge work and has a very exciting growth plan in the near future.