Team Lead – Corporate Cards & Travel
The India Vendor Control team supports the management and maintenance of vendor data (creation, updates, etc.) in Accounts Payables systems. The Manager – Vendor Control is responsible for all aspects of service delivery by the India team in support of the company’s Vendor Control processes. This role will be the day-to-day leader of the India Vendor Control processing team, and must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal “customers / business partners” with the onshore Finance team, as well as other internal partners including Information Technology, Merchants and banner Finance teams. The incumbent will be responsible effective management of the Vendor Control team in India, including acting as an escalation point to resolve and correct any issues / concerns raised by the onshore Finance teams.
The position will provide management and oversight over the Corporate Card & Travel processing activities performed by India including Travel & Expense report compliance reviews, response to associate inquiries, Procurement card processing, reporting & analysis and period end close activities to support Corporate Cards & Travel
Primary Role responsibilities include
- Manage team responsible for Corporate Cards and Travel activities in a timely and efficient manner and in full compliance with policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing and review of employee expense reports and corporate card transactions
- Achieve daily processing targets
- Ensure adherence to Travel, Corporate Card and Financial policies, internal controls and audit requirements, and service standards at all times
- Analyze and research all discrepancies/exceptions in the process
- Effectively plan, prioritize and execute everyday floor operations
- Consistently monitor key performance parameters of the process and identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of work as well as the means of working on processes
- Interact with Internal / External auditors as required
- Manage expense report compliance review backlog and expedite processing as required. Work with onshore team to resolve issues the timely and efficient management of employee expense reports and reimbursements
- Manage India resources to support Corporate Card & Travel activities including:
- Compliance review / analysis for Travel & Expense reports submitted within the context of HBC’s Travel Policy
- Review of Procurement card expenditure in compliance with company’s Procurement / Corporate Card policy
- Timely response to employee inquiries related to Travel and/or Corporate Card activity
- Delinquent and suspension notification processing
- Procurement card processing
- Travel & Expense reporting
- Travel & Expense system maintenance including user set-up, mapping and resolution of issues
People Management Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment effort in building a high performing team.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to enable the GIC to succeed as well as build the employer brand in the community.
- Trains, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports.
- Sets clear objectives for team members based on capacity and specialization.
- Identifies, grooms, rewards and develops high performing team members as future leaders.
- Resolves escalated conflicts and grievances as necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain talent.
- Adhere to all HBC HR policies and programs for India Associates
- Strong financial aptitude with Min 10 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry focused on Corporate Card and Travel & Expense functions
- Min 5 years supervisory / people management experience
- Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred) for management of Travel & Expense report processing and corporate card management
- Experience managing corporate Travel agencies
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent process improvement methodology required (Black belt preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology
- Demonstrated success in Leading and managing teams and directing multi-functional business units
- Strong working experience in Corporate Card & Travel processes including involvement with the following:
- Travel & Expense report compliance reviews
- Response to associate inquiries
- Procurement card processing
- Reporting & analysis related to Travel and Corporate Cards
- Period end close activities to support Corporate Cards & Travel.
- B. Com (Mandatory) or MBA Finance (preferred)
- Chartered Accountant
The Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world, based on its successful formula of driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, unlocking the value of real estate holdings and growing through acquisitions. Founded in 1670, it is the oldest company in North America. Its portfolio today includes ten banners, in formats ranging from luxury to better department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 460 stores and 66,000 employees around the world.
The company is in process of setting up a GIC in Bangalore to focus on Technology, IT Infrastructure & Global Finance competencies. The GIC will be involved in cutting edge work and has a very exciting growth plan in the near future.