Team Lead – Vendor Relations
The HBC India Vendor Relations team supports acts as the first point of contact for vendor (supplier) queries for all vendor types (Merchandise, Expense, Capital) regarding any questions or issues they have related to Accounts Payable. The Vendor Relations team fields vendor calls / inquiries (email and telephone) and triages and routes these for resolution. Basic inquiries (Tier 1) are resolved within the team, while more complex questions or issues that require further investigation are forwarded to other members of the Procure-to-Pay team (onshore / offshore) for resolution. The Vendor Relations team is also responsible for tracking issue status and ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner. The Team Lead – Vendor Relations is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Vendor Relations team and to be the first point of escalation for the identification and resolution for any issues or escalations in support of the company’s Vendor Relations processes. This role will be the day-to-day leader of the HBC India Vendor Relations team, and must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal “customers / business partners” with the onshore Finance team, as well as other internal partners including Information Technology, Merchants and banner Finance teams. The incumbent will be responsible effective operations of the Vendor Relations team in India, ensuring efficient and effective service delivery.
The position will provide day-to-day supervision of the Vendor Relations activities performed by HBC India including receiving vendor inquiries, forwarding them for resolution to the appropriate resource(s).and tracking / reporting on issue resolution and the degree of inquiry backlog.
Primary Role responsibilities include
- Provide day-to-day oversight and supervision of the team responsible for Vendor Relations activities in a timely and efficient manner and in full compliance with HBC policies and procedures to ensure all Vendor queries are responded to accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner
- Achieve daily processing targets
- Ensure adherence to Procure-to-Pay and Financial policies, internal controls and audit requirements, and service standards at all times
- Analyze and research all discrepancies/exceptions in the process
- Effectively plan, prioritize and execute everyday floor operations
- Consistently monitor key performance parameters of the process and identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of work as well as the means of working on processes
- Interact with Internal / External auditors as required
- Manage vendor inquiry/resolution backlog and expedite processing as required. Work with onshore team to resolve issues impacting the timely response to vendor requests / queries
- Supervise HBC India resources to support Vendor Relations activities including:
- Logging Vendor inquiries / requests (email, telephone) in HBC Vendor Relations ticketing solution
- Ensure inquiries are forwarded appropriately for resolution
- Track status of tickets and provide regular reporting on ticket resolution
- Work with appropriate Procure-to-Pay teams (onshore / offshore) to resolve issues impacting the timeliness of ticket resolution or process backlogs
People Management Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment effort in building a high performing team.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to enable the GIC to succeed as well as build the employer brand in the community.
- Trains, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports.
- Sets clear objectives for team members based on capacity and specialization.
- Identifies, grooms, rewards and develops high performing team members as future leaders.
- Resolves escalated conflicts and grievances as necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain talent.
- Adhere to all HBC HR policies and programs for HBC India Associates
- Strong financial aptitude with Min 6 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry focused on Payables and Vendor Relations (Call Center) functions. Demonstrated experience in a vendor call center environment is essential
- Min 3 years supervisory / people management experience
- Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred) and Call Center solutions (Service Now preferred)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent process improvement methodology required (Black belt preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology
- Demonstrated success in Leading and managing teams and directing multi-functional business units
- Strong working experience in Vendor Relations processes including involvement with the following:
- Issue management and resolution
- Tracking and reporting of call center performance metrics
- Issue escalation / management of exceptions
- B. Com (Mandatory) or MBA Finance (preferred)
- Chartered Accountant
The Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world, based on its successful formula of driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, unlocking the value of real estate holdings and growing through acquisitions. Founded in 1670, it is the oldest company in North America. Its portfolio today includes ten banners, in formats ranging from luxury to better department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 460 stores and 66,000 employees around the world.
The company is in process of setting up a GIC in Bangalore to focus on Technology, IT Infrastructure & Global Finance competencies. The GIC will be involved in cutting edge work and has a very exciting growth plan in the near future.