Team Lead – Invoice Processing (Merchandise)
The Team Lead Invoice Processing (Merchandise) is responsible for the day-to-day management for service delivery by the HBC India team in support of the company’s Accounts Payable processes for the processing and payment of Merchandise invoices (goods for resale). This role will be the day-to-day leader of the HBC India Merchandise Invoice processing team, and must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal “customers / business partners” with the onshore Finance team, as well as other internal partners including Merchants, Information Technology and banner Finance teams. The incumbent will be responsible effective supervision of the Merchandise Invoice Processing team in India, including acting as an escalation point to resolve and correct any issues / concerns raised by the onshore Finance teams.
The position will provide day-to-day supervision over the Merchandise Invoice processing activities performed by HBC India including invoice receipt, approval and processing, as well as identification and resolution of any issues requiring resolution to allow efficient payment processing.
Primary Role responsibilities include
- Oversee team responsible for processing merchandise (goods for resale) invoices in a timely and efficient manner and in full compliance with HBC policies and procedures
- Achieve daily invoice processing targets
- Ensure adherence to Procure-to-Pay policy, internal control and audit requirements, and service standards at all times
- Analyze and research all discrepancies/exceptions in the process
- Highlight issues with Invoice and Invoice Details and suggest improvement ideas for process blockages
- Effectively plan, prioritize and execute everyday floor operations
- Consistently monitor key performance parameters of the process and identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of work as well as the means of working on processes
- Interact with Internal / External auditors as required
- Manage invoice backlog and expedite invoice processing as required. Work with onshore team to resolve issues impacting invoice processing
- Manage Aged Unmatched Receipts (AUR) and Aged Unmatched Invoices (AUI) to resolve issues and within agreed performance targets
- Manage invoice file interfaces, including resolution of any disputes
- Escalate issues with vendors for resolution.
- Manage escalated vendor issues, as needed.
People Management Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment effort in building a high performing team.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to enable the GIC to succeed as well as build the employer brand in the community.
- Trains, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports.
- Sets clear objectives for team members based on capacity and specialization.
- Identifies, grooms, rewards and develops high performing team members as future leaders.
- Resolves escalated conflicts and grievances as necessary.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain talent.
- Adhere to all HBC HR policies and programs for HBC India Associates
- Strong financial aptitude with Min 6 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry
- Min 3 years supervisory / people management experience
- Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent process improvement methodology required (Black belt preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology
- Demonstrated success in Leading and managing teams and directing multi-functional business units
- Strong working experience in Procure-to-Pay processes including involvement with the following: purchase requisitions, purchase orders (PO), non-PO processing, invoice processing and validation, maintenance of error logs, timely and accurate payment processing,
- Prior experience in all Accounts Payable functions, including Vendor Maintenance, Invoice Processing, Exception handling, Payments & reporting activities
- Educational Credentials
- B. Com (Mandatory) or MBA Finance (preferred)
- Chartered Accountan
The Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world, based on its successful formula of driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, unlocking the value of real estate holdings and growing through acquisitions. Founded in 1670, it is the oldest company in North America. Its portfolio today includes ten banners, in formats ranging from luxury to better department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 460 stores and 66,000 employees around the world.
The company is in process of setting up a GIC in Bangalore to focus on Technology, IT Infrastructure & Global Finance competencies. The GIC will be involved in cutting edge work and has a very exciting growth plan in the near future.