Senior Manager Merchandising Payable
Senior Manager- Merchandise Payables:
Hudson’s Bay Corp (HBC) is coming to India! We are in the process of setting up a wholly owned, integrated Global In-House Center, (GIC), in Bangalore to build a corporate team who will play an important role as HBC executes its strategic plan. This center will house approximately 450 highly talented individuals in the first two years and the office has potential to expand as the business grows. We will begin to build our team in Bangalore focused on Information Technology, Information Security, Finance and Accounting, and may then scale the operations to build capabilities in various other functions.
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
The Senior Manager – Merchandise Payables is a management role within the HBC India Procure-to-Pay team reporting to the Director- Procure-to-Pay
This role will be expected to work a “North American” shift pattern, approximately 4PM – 2AM India time
The Senior Manager – Merchandise Payables has overall responsibility for the management of service delivery by the HBC India team in support of the company’s Accounts Payable processes for the processing and payment of Merchandise (goods for resale) invoices. This role will be the overall leader of the HBC India Merchandise Payables processing team, and will be the “face” of the Merchandise AP team both internally and externally. The incumbent must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal “customers / business partners” with the onshore Finance team, as well as other internal partners including Merchants and banner Finance teams, as well as external vendors. The incumbent will be the manager responsible for the Merchandise AP team in India, including acting as an escalation point to resolve and correct any issues / concerns raised by the onshore Finance teams.
The position will provide management leadership and direction the Merchandise Payables activities performed by HBC India including invoice receipt, approval and processing, as well as identification and resolution of any issues requiring resolution to allow efficient payment processing.
Primary Role responsibilities include:
· Manage / Lead team responsible for processing merchandise invoices in a timely and efficient manner and in full compliance with HBC policies and procedures
· Review / report daily invoice processing targets, and suggest improvement ideas for process blockages
· Ensure adherence to Procure-to-Pay policy, internal control and audit requirements, and service standards at all times
· Analyze and research all discrepancies/exceptions in the process
· Consistently monitor key performance parameters of the process and identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of work as well as the means of working on processes
· Interact with Internal / External auditors as required
· Manage invoice file interfaces, including resolution of any disputes
· Resolve escalated issues around invoice approval, processing and payment.
People Management Responsibilities
· Support the recruitment effort in building a high performing team.
· Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to enable the GIC to succeed as well as build the employer brand in the community.
· Trains, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports.
· Sets clear objectives for team members based on capacity and specialization.
· Identifies, grooms, rewards and develops high performing team members as future leaders.
· Resolves escalated conflicts and grievances as necessary.
· Develop and implement strategies to retain talent.
· Adhere to all HBC HR policies and programs for HBC India Associates
The successful candidate must be a proactive self-starter with a dynamic and resilient nature able to work and lead in a fast-paced, Ability to work in an ambiguous, complex, challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict adherence to deadlines. He/she should be able to think out of the box and challenge the status quo while being extremely well organized and detailed oriented with demonstrated follow-up skills.
The incumbent will have proven process design / development skills in a multinational shared service / GIC environment. They will have a proven track record of leading and delivering process transformation across all aspects of people, process and technology. They will demonstrate a strong continuous improvement mindset and a passion to continually improve their areas of responsibility.
He / she will have strong customer service skills, for both internal and external customers. They will demonstrate proven ability to engage with stakeholders across the business and provide critical input to business teams. Must be a strong problem and have conflict resolution skills. This individual must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to partner with internal and external parties to drive resolution and continual progress. He/she will have the ability to lead in a continually challenging environment, including demonstrated management skills.
· Strong financial aptitude with Min 15 years of work experience in Corporate Finance with MNCs/GICs, with preference to Retail industry focused on Accounts Payable in a leadership capacity
· Min 10 years supervisory / people management experience
· Experience in Oracle ERP (Oracle Fusion Preferred)
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Six Sigma certification or equivalent process improvement methodology required (Black belt preferred)
· Demonstrated expertise in design and implementation of financial processes and technology
· Demonstrated success in Leading and managing teams and directing multi-functional business units
· Strong working experience in Procure-to-Pay processes including involvement with the following: purchase requisitions, purchase orders (PO), non-PO processing, invoice processing and validation, maintenance of error logs, timely and accurate payment processing,
· Prior experience in all Accounts Payable functions, including Vendor Maintenance, Invoice Processing, Exception handling, Payments & reporting activities
B. Com (Mandatory) or MBA Finance (preferred)