Zurich, Switzerland /
Software Engineering /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 50 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
Our quadruped ANYmal is equipped with state-of-the-art perception sensors (LIDAR, stereo cameras, etc.) to achieve autonomous inspection of challenging environments such as industrial sites, power plants, and subterranean systems. From a DevOps perspective, we see this as a unique environment where the robot is the production environment. Our CI/CD is exciting and unique, but must evolve to meet the special challenges for the products and solutions we wish to offer. This could be your chance to shape and define a quite novel DevOps system.
We are looking for a strong team member to actively shape the evolution of these systems with us, transforming our good CI/CD and stable infrastructure into a smart, world-class system. We strive to truly interconnect development and operations, and see DevOps as one collaborative unit. Yet, currently we are too heavy on “Dev”. The ideal candidate will bring solid “Ops” knowledge and experience (especially in the Deploy, Operate and Monitor areas of the DevOps chain) with enough skills and interest in scripting to help improve and actively update our python and Bash code. Topics like “Infrastructure as Code” and “Hybrid Cloud” excite you, such that you will naturally provide technical leadership in these areas and others. You should feel at ease working in a small agile team, leading discussions, proposing novel solutions and executing them from implementation to support. To help keep the company running, we tackle IT as a team and expect sincere willingness to support our office infrastructure with us.
- Develop and implement new ideas to improve our DevOps process
- Improve and maintain our automated CI/CD pipeline; especially in operation and monitoring
- Integrate tools, monitoring and infrastructure changes for efficient software development, fast learning response
- Build up database infrastructure for telemetry, future data science & machine learning applications
- Maintain our IT infrastructure (Ubuntu & Windows servers, VMware, network)
- Drive team understanding of DevOps and generally contribute positively to company culture
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Enough experience as a DevOps Engineer or System Administrator to demonstrate your knowledge and ability to technically drive DevOps tools and technology improvements (e.g. system & tool integration, Hybrid Cloud, IaC)
- Excellent hands-on experience with at least one of the major cloud providers: AWS, Google, Azure
- Good hands-on knowledge of configuration management and deployment tools such as Docker and Debian packaging
- Proficient in scripting (Python, Bash), and Git workflows
- Proficient with Ubuntu desktop & servers, and common Linux tools
- Up-to-date knowledge on IT security
- Experience with Windows server setup and maintenance is a plus
- You would additionally excite us if you have experience implementing software licensing and telemetry
You are an engaged personality. You can work with goals i.e. accept a goal or self-define your goal, coordinating your independent work and your work with others to effectively achieve an outcome. You genuinely wish to work in a startup. You’re entrepreneurial, naturally collaborative and prefer to form structures rather than to work in established structures. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously. Your profile is complemented by great communication skills in English and a general wish to move our culture and company forward.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.