Field Robotics Engineer
Zurich, Switzerland /
Field Engineering /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 60 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
As a field robotics engineer at ANYbotics, you put our autonomous legged robot ANYmal to work in various industrial applications. Within our team, you will become an expert in applying robotics technologies to solve real-world tasks. You’ll be a driver to deliver high-tech robotics solutions in close collaboration with our customers, lead implementation projects, and represent ANYbotics to our clients. You will extend your knowledge and experience in all areas of robotics and will be exposed to different industries and applications. Your valuable feedback gained from the field will support our R&D to shape further developments. When not in the field, you will work on analyzing data from customer projects, supporting existing customers, training users how to operate ANYmal, planning new projects or setting up mission simulations for customers.
The Field Team
You’ll join a team of robotics engineers who are knowledgeable in the entire robotics software architecture. We diligently strive for a highly performant, robust, and user-friendly system and constantly come up with new ways to optimize working with ANYmal. Our team is passionate about maximizing our customer’s value, and we strive for performing excellent work, sometimes under time pressure and often in unusual situations such as offshore power plants, construction sites, or sewage systems. We also enjoy traveling the world, learning about different cultures, and demonstrating our technology at fairs and events.
- Organize and conduct pilot deployments, customer projects, proof of concept tests and events around the world
- Represent ANYbotics towards industrial clients and consult customers on feasibility and requirements for their projects
- Educate new ANYmal users in our training sessions and help them set up their projects
- Provide technical support for our existing customers in various industries
- Keep up to date with the fast paced development of our robotic platform and develop tools and adaptations for customer specific solutions
- Provide feedback from the customers as input to our development teams
- Engineering or science education with a focus on robotics (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or doctorate)
- Multiple years of experience as a Software Engineer or Field Application Engineer, ideally working with mobile robots
- Ability to understand new systems quickly and to grasp complex frameworks
- In depth knowledge of Linux; Experience with ROS, Python and C++ as a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel internationally for 20–30%, sometimes also on weekends (time to be compensated)
- Adventurous personality with willingness to work in various industrial and natural environments
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.