Head of Production
Zurich, Switzerland /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
The Head of Production will take Full Responsibility to manage and grow our own in-house production A-Team, which builds our prototype and zero-series ANYmal robots. The team maintains customer robots and supports the development in prototyping and robot testing in our production site in Zurich. You will own and further develop the partnership with our Contract Manufacturer and scale the production output to hundreds of units over the coming months and years. This is a position that comes with Real Impact and has direct influence on the scaling of our Operations to achieve our ambitious goal to be the market leader in inspection robotics. As One Team we are Building the Future of Robotics!
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms the industrial sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach (see our case studies in Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Railways, Wind Energy, Mining, Construction). Our customers are large asset operators and service providers of industrial plants pioneering robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our solution enables autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of large-scale industrial facilities for increased safety and productivity. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and software to achieve world-class mobility, autonomy, and inspection capabilities, often based on AI. We have proven the technology and the business impact on our customers in long-term pilot projects. We are now scaling the commercialization of our solution(s) and deploying directly into operation at customer facilities worldwide.
- Developing and executing the overall production strategy with in- and outsourced manufacturing, including end-to-end short- and long-term planning, to meet production targets, timelines, and quality standards
- Ownership of the contract manufacturing relationship (8-figure annual contract volume, growing exponentially), including regular communication and performance management
- Consistently pinpointing and exploiting process enhancements for higher production efficiency, cost reduction, and error minimization in-house and at contract manufacturer. Seize cost-saving opportunities while upholding quality and meeting production schedules
- In close collaboration with quality management, establishing robust quality control procedures and ensuring consistent quality of the robots produced, whether in-house or by the contract manufacturer
- Collaborating with the inhouse supply chain team and the corresponding functions of the outsourcing partner to ensure timely availability of materials and components required for production
- Adeptly manage a team of 7-10, including technicians and engineers, to ensure a motivated and efficient production department. Be responsible for the production budget, cost monitoring, and optimizing production expenses
- Ensuring that all production activities, whether in-house or at the contract manufacturing site, adhere to health and safety regulations and best practices
- Collaborating with the industrialization team to facilitate the smooth transition of new robot models from design to series production
- BSc/MSc in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and further education in Operations Management (or equivalent)
- 5+ year experience in leading fast-growing production organizations (teams-of-teams) in the high-tech industry, preferably managing an outsourced manufacturing model
- Proven track record in implementing continuous improvement initiatives, such as Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma, to streamline production processes and enhance overall productivity
- Strong conceptual and communication skills to reach people from shop floor to C-level
- Excellent and broad IT skills (ERP, MES, PLM, preferably Google Workspace)
- Enjoy working in a multicultural and fast growing environment
- Very good German and English skills (both C2)
- Experience and knowledge of organizational concepts and work patterns to to guide enterprises in scaling lean and agile practices (e.g. SAFe)
- Driving license CH-Cat. B
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.