Inspection Software Engineer (AI/Computer Vision)
Zurich, Switzerland /
Software Engineering /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 60 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
Our quadruped ANYmal is designed to perform autonomous inspection in challenging environments such as industrial sites, power plants, and subterranean systems. To achieve this, our robot is equipped with state-of-the-art perception and inspection sensors (LIDAR, stereo, zoom and infrared cameras, etc.).
We wish to enhance our object detection and data capturing framework. Using computer vision and machine learning, we aim to bring our robot’s capabilities to inspect and interpret its environment to the next level. Using its sensors and by combining their measurements, the robot is able to recognize and understand a wide range of different objects relevant for the operation of our customer's facilities. Using this on-board intelligence, we maximize the usefulness of the information the robot can provide to users, as well as to drive robotic learning to become better/smarter in its inspection tasks.
To this end, we are looking for a software developer experienced with computer vision and machine learning to join our inspection team.
- Enhance our robot's object detection and data capturing framework.
- Define an efficient approach to increase the diversity of objects the robot can work with.
- Assume a technical leadership position in the area of computer vision and machine learning.
- Evaluate, integrate and test solutions of and collaborate with external partners.
- Debug and test the inspection software in the field with the robot.
- Potentially evaluate and select sensors for the robot.
- Experience matters more than a degree, yet we prefer a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in robotics, computer science or related.
- Proven experience of having developed a product/solution using computer vision and machine learning algorithms that went to market (i.e. in use by a relevant customer base)
- Experience with object detection algorithms.
- Experience with common sensors and understanding of their limitations.
- Strong competence in object-oriented programming in C++ and/or Python.
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Comfortable with unit testing and debugging hardware systems.
- Strategic, collaborative and execution-focused.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Optional: Ability to integrate drivers for sensors.
- Optional: Experience in GPU programming.
We wish to welcome you to our “best idea wins” approach at ANYbotics. You are an engaged personality. You can work with goals i.e. accept a goal or self-define your goal, coordinating your independent work and your work with others to effectively achieve an outcome. You genuinely wish to work in a startup. You’re entrepreneurial, naturally collaborative and prefer to form structures rather than to work in established structures. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously. Your profile is complemented by great communication skills in English and a genuine wish to move our culture and company forward.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.