Product Compliance and Certification Specialist
Zurich, Switzerland /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 50 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our products enable autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of large-scale industrial facilities for increased safety and productivity. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We have proven the technology and the business impact to our customers in long-term pilot projects and are preparing to scale-up deployments of our commercial product.
We are looking for an experienced compliance and certification specialist to join our development team to make our mobile robotic solutions market compliant on a global scale. You will be working closely with our engineering teams to identify risks and design solutions for product-level EMC and safety compliance; this includes design, documentation and marking requirements to satisfy the dependencies for regulatory and commercial conformance.
- Develop and maintain product certification for existing and new products, perform risk assessments and implement safety concepts
- Provide guidance to all departments on the application of global standards, regulations and directives
- Develop certification documentation. Maintain proper records, certification files and documentation control procedures
- Work closely with the product development teams to scope, plan and execute test programs to demonstrate compliance
- Liaise with 3rd party consulting, certification and testing authorities
- Organize and participate in certification related internal and external audits
- Assist sales and field support personnel with customer issues related to compliance
- Research the regulatory environment and assess influence on product compliance
- University degree in engineering or science (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or doctorate)
- 3+ years experience and knowledge in the certification process of electrical and mechanical products
- Good knowledge of International, European, North American and Chinese standards, regulations, codes and directives
- Multi-disciplined in the regulatory areas of Safety, EMC, Radio, Telecom, Environmental
- Detailed familiarity with European regulatory directives such as machinery directive, EMC, RoHS, RED
- Strong technical writing/editing skills to review and manage written controls and governance documents
- Excellent strategic thinking combined with analytical and pragmatic problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of various country approvals, regulatory marks and homologation processes is preferred
- Experience in certification of explosion-proof equipment (IECEx/ATEX)
You are an engaged personality, used to work proactively and with precision – on your own and in a team – and you are passionate about your work. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously. Your profile is complemented by a excellent knowledge of English and, ideally, also German.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.