Strategic Sourcing Manager
Zurich, Switzerland /
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 60 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self driven sourcing manager to join our operations team. With your experience you will shape and drive the sourcing strategies for our supply chain from single components to full products with a focus on scaling to mass production in the coming years. You will be involved early on in the process, starting with the development phase to establish optimal cost, quality and supply guarantee during the whole lifecycle of our ANYmal robots.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our products enable autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of large scale industrial facilities for increased safety and productivity. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We have proven the technology and the business impact to our customers in long-term pilot projects and are preparing to scale-up deployments of our commercial product.
- Design and implement scalable sourcing strategies
- Establish a diversified partner and supplier base, optimizing for cost, quality and reliability for a series production of our robots (identification of critical components and 2nd source strategy)
- Negotiate partner and supplier contracts (framework contracts, MOQ, EOQ) for international production
- Transfer production and supply chain knowledge of suppliers to ANYbotics
- Maintain (key-) supplier relationships and manage supplier performance
- Support development with supplier evaluation and selection to drive ‘make-or-buy’ decisions early on
- Support operative sourcing of assemblies, material and services
- Define and maintain processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of sourcing
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or business-related field
- 4+ years of experience in international strategic procurement and supply chain management for complex electro-mechanical products
- An excellent communicator in English and ideally in German with proven contract negotiation skills
- High proactiveness and persistence
- Proven technical knowledge of electronics, mechatronic systems and production processes
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of quality standards and control
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.